- Under user rights, each user name should now be associated with a member name and membership record number. This provides additional security and prevents user names from being used by more than one person. One stake administrator for a unit is also authorized. Note: There is now a field in MLS for a password for the stake administrator. The stake administrator should enter his password in each ward's copy of MLS. On Urgent Tasks, he should click Some users need to be associated with a member, then click Yes. He should select Stake Administrator and fill in his password. This will allow him to access each computer to provide technical support when needed.
- The Recommendation for New Bishop form and Recommendation for New Counselor to Stake President form are now available in stake MLS.
- A Confidential Member Information report is now available for use by the bishop or stake president. This report provides information on members assigned to a ward or stake with disciplinary council actions. This report can only be accessed and printed by the bishop or stake president, based on user rights and position information recorded in MLS.
- When adding a child to a parent's record, MLS will now guide the clerk through the process.
- When recording "Born in the Covenant" (BIC) or "Sealed to Parent" information on a new child's record, MLS will now guide the clerk by asking a number of questions. This should improve the accuracy of BIC or Sealing to Parent information recorded for children.
- Exported MLS files containing address information, such as family data or individual data, have been changed from Palm file format to vCard file format, which is a more widely-used standard. Palm brand devices should be able to handle the vCard format without difficulty.
Issues Resolved in MLS 2.9
The following are some important issues resolved with this release. It is not, however, an exhaustive list of all the implemented fixes.
- An Urgent Task now appears when it is time to change the ward meeting schedule in MLS.
- The Report of Church Disciplinary Action printed by MLS now contains a signature line for the stake president.
- The Confidential Records on-screen instructions can now be printed.
- Text for Confidential Forms in non-English languages now fit correctly on the page.
- In the Priesthood section of the Membership Audit, the High Priest and Aaronic print and preview now operate correctly.
- In Custom Reports, MLS will now automatically size the column widths based on the average size of data in each column.
- The record numbers for nonmember spouses, children, and parents will no longer appear in MLS or on MLS-produced documents such as the Individual Ordinance Summary. However, for this change to occur, the administration office will need to send a membership data refresh file to your computer. This will occur shortly after installation of MLS 2.9, and will require no action on your part.
- Merged donors are now listed correctly on the Year-to-Date Donor Summaries.