Missionary Recomendation System and Bishop not having access

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ethan.gates

Missionary Recomendation System and Bishop not having access

Post by ethan.gates »

Hello all,

I have recently just began submitting my papers to serve a mission for the church. However, my bishop was called a month and a half ago, and at around that time, the Stake Clerk had moved and he was not put into MLS as the new Bishop. I talked to the Stake Clerk, the Stake President, and the Second Counselor, and they inputted him into the system, however he still doesn't have access after they hit the Sent/Receive button. The question him and I both have is: Is there a normal delay for MLS to update the system and how does the bishop go about starting the paperwork on his end?
eblood66

Re: Missionary Recomendation System and Bishop not having ac

Post by eblood66 »

ethan2012 wrote:Hello all,

I have recently just began submitting my papers to serve a mission for the church. However, my bishop was called a month and a half ago, and at around that time, the Stake Clerk had moved and he was not put into MLS as the new Bishop. I talked to the Stake Clerk, the Stake President, and the Second Counselor, and they inputted him into the system, however he still doesn't have access after they hit the Sent/Receive button. The question him and I both have is: Is there a normal delay for MLS to update the system and how does the bishop go about starting the paperwork on his end?
Yes, there will be a delay. First there is a delay because a church employee must manually verify a change in bishop. That won't happen until Monday morning at the earliest and could be a bit longer. Second, once the change has been verified there is an additional delay of up to 24 hours before the change gets pushed to the authentication system that is used by all church applications to determine rights.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”