Finance items

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
roopret-p40

Finance items

Postby roopret-p40 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:28 am

I just began work on ward finances, and there are a couple of needs I don't know how to solve. Our ward is in Utah in Davis County.
1 - The Deposit Record (deposit slips) are almost out. The cover says that a re-order form is enclosed, but I don't see one. What is the contact information to get new deposit slip books?
2 - Do I just deal directly with the bank to get a new signature card to authorize signatures for signing checks?

Thanks,
Rodney

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:56 am

roopret wrote:I just began work on ward finances, and there are a couple of needs I don't know how to solve. Our ward is in Utah in Davis County.
1 - The Deposit Record (deposit slips) are almost out. The cover says that a re-order form is enclosed, but I don't see one. What is the contact information to get new deposit slip books?
2 - Do I just deal directly with the bank to get a new signature card to authorize signatures for signing checks?

Thanks,
Rodney

In Utah (and other areas that use Deposit Concentration), you don't interact with a bank directly (except to make your deposits). Rather, you work with Clerk Support for most bank-related issues.
1. Just call Clerk Support (801-240-3500 or 1-800-453-3860 ext 23500) and ask for deposit slips.
2. You should print the signature card from MLS (Reports/Forms > Print Form > Signature Card). Get the signatures, then send it to the Church (the address is on the card you will print out).

roopret-p40

Gracias

Postby roopret-p40 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:56 am

Thanks, Alan

leimana-p40
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby leimana-p40 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:09 am

roopret wrote:Thanks, Alan

Actually I called headquarters the other day and you actually have to order deposit slips with the distribution center at 800-537-5971 and as for the signature card you can print that out now in your MLS system. This is done by going into Reports/Forms more, then click on print form. The signature card is the last option there. Good Luck and Have fun!

WeinstockCC

Postby WeinstockCC » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:22 am

Please do not order deposit slips through the Distribution Center - your budget will be charged. If you order them by calling the menu at 1-800-453-3860 ext 23500, you will not be charged.

LSS-p40
Church Employee
Church Employee

Deposit slip reorder

Postby LSS-p40 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:59 am

The distribution center does not take orders for deposit slips or checks. If you are on a concentration account, you could call the number given, or send an edoc requesting deposit slips for your ward. If you are on a non concentration account, you would get dep slips from your local bank, however, all checks are ordered through headquarters.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”