CREATING NEW RECORD PER HANDBOOK-1 16.1.10

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
oscarivanmedina

CREATING NEW RECORD PER HANDBOOK-1 16.1.10

Post by oscarivanmedina »

Hello:

We are creating a membership record following instructions found in Handbook 1 item 16.1.10. We have the letters of the two witnesses, the dates of the ordinances and the name of the person performing the ordinance. In order to complete the data entry, MLS is asking the birth date of the person who performed the ordinance; however, this is not available.

Can you indicate how to bypass this requirement, or any other, when the information is not available?

Thanks
Bishop Oscar Medina
Yerba Buena Ward
eblood66

Re: CREATING NEW RECORD PER HANDBOOK-1 16.1.10

Post by eblood66 »

oscarivanmedina wrote:Hello:

We are creating a membership record following instructions found in Handbook 1 item 16.1.10. We have the letters of the two witnesses, the dates of the ordinances and the name of the person performing the ordinance. In order to complete the data entry, MLS is asking the birth date of the person who performed the ordinance; however, this is not available.

Can you indicate how to bypass this requirement, or any other, when the information is not available?

Thanks
Bishop Oscar Medina
Yerba Buena Ward
As far as I can tell the birth date of the person who performed an ordinance is an optional field. You should be able to leave it blank. Are you getting an error message if you leave it blank? Is the field background colored yellow? If so, how exactly are you recording the ordinance?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: CREATING NEW RECORD PER HANDBOOK-1 16.1.10

Post by russellhltn »

I created a convert record in my test install of MLS. The birthdate of the person baptizing was not colored yellow (a colored field indicated required information - by default it's yellow) and I was able to leave it blank. Are you seeing something different?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”