Separate Prospective Elder Rolls

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dlslade

Separate Prospective Elder Rolls

Post by dlslade »

The Quarterly Report in MLS requires the attendance of prospective elders to be reported separately from Melchizedek Priesthood holders. But MLS does not seem to allow for printing rolls of only prospective elders. Does anyone know of a way to create a roll of only the prospective elders? The High Priest group leader has requested separate rolls to make his reporting easier so he doen't have to manually go through the rolls and do separate counts.

I have tried creating another Elders Quorum and moving all the prospective elders into it so I can print separate rolls. This worked well for a while, but now unfortunately every time we receive a membership update from HQ, MLS automatically moves all the prospective elders back into the High Priests group and my handiwork gets all undone every few weeks.
eblood66

Re: Separate Prospective Elder Rolls

Post by eblood66 »

dlslade wrote:The Quarterly Report in MLS requires the attendance of prospective elders to be reported separately from Melchizedek Priesthood holders. But MLS does not seem to allow for printing rolls of only prospective elders. Does anyone know of a way to create a roll of only the prospective elders? The High Priest group leader has requested separate rolls to make his reporting easier so he doen't have to manually go through the rolls and do separate counts.

I have tried creating another Elders Quorum and moving all the prospective elders into it so I can print separate rolls. This worked well for a while, but now unfortunately every time we receive a membership update from HQ, MLS automatically moves all the prospective elders back into the High Priests group and my handiwork gets all undone every few weeks.
I know of no way of printing a separate roll. I don't think creating a second Elder's Quorum is appropriate because it would cause that additional quorum to show up in the online Directory. Personally I don't think it's appropriate to pass separate rolls around the quorum as it could make prospective elders feel that they are not fully part of the quorum. That's probably not a problem if only leadership sees the roll but I still don't know of any way to do it.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”