Member moved in not showing in MLS reprt

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rpyne

Member moved in not showing in MLS reprt

Post by rpyne »

Since the update to MLS 3.5.3, I noticed that a new member moved in is showing on the Members Moved In report on lds.org but not in MLS.
Biggles

Re: Member moved in not showing in MLS reprt

Post by Biggles »

I moved someone in today, using lds.org, but it took a considerable time for that record to appear in MLS. I'm talking several hours!

My thoughts are that the servers were extremely busy today, as units were updating to MLS 3.5.3. Thus delaying the normal processes!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rpyne wrote:Since the update to MLS 3.5.3, I noticed that a new member moved in is showing on the Members Moved In report on lds.org but not in MLS.
Not appearing in MLS at all or just not in the MLS Members Moved In report?

Stupid question: A MLS send/receive has been done since the new member moved in, right?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

Not showing in the MLS Members Moved In report.

Several times.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rpyne wrote:Not showing in the MLS Members Moved In report.
So you do see them in MLS's list? What happens if you do a print preview of the record? What is the "Date moved from prior unit"? I seem to recall that if the "Move in" date is in fact a "move out" date. If this member has spent time in the "Address Unknown" file, then the move-out date has "aged out" of your Move In report.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you transfer a member's records into your ward via Clerk Resources on LDS.org, it will show up instantly online but will take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours for the record to be sent to MLS on the clerk computer. The process is much faster than it was before, but there is still a lag.
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

russellhltn wrote:
rpyne wrote:Not showing in the MLS Members Moved In report.
So you do see them in MLS's list? What happens if you do a print preview of the record? What is the "Date moved from prior unit"? I seem to recall that if the "Move in" date is in fact a "move out" date. If this member has spent time in the "Address Unknown" file, then the move-out date has "aged out" of your Move In report.
Looks like this is the case. the Members Moved In report on lds.org shows the move as happening on 18 Apr 2013 but the membership record shows the move as being on 18 Nov 2012.

This inconsistency will serve to help more members to fall through the cracks. Leaders who rely on the MLS generated reports will not be aware of those records that come in from Address Unknown, exactly those who are most likely to need special attention.

Adding more to the irritation is that we had this record before the Provo YSA wards were organized out of the BYU Single Student wards, and we were directed to move all YSA records to the YSA ward unless the member specifically requested to stay in our ward. When they discovered that this person was inactive, they just dumped the record to address unknown instead of returning it to us.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”