Cannot add Address - District in Custom Report Format

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jodelasur

Cannot add Address - District in Custom Report Format

Post by jodelasur »

I can't find a way to add the Address - District Column in Custom Reports. We need it because here in our place most addresses are traceable by knowing the Barangay, which we enter in the District field. Grouping by Barangay/District is also needed in organizing our visits. Is there a way to show this?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Cannot add Address - District in Custom Report Format

Post by jdlessley »

jodelasur wrote:I can't find a way to add the Address - District Column in Custom Reports.
The "Address - District" field must be a unique data field in your area/country, or has been added as a custom field since it is not a standard field available in the United States. If the data is an address field or a custom field in MLS then it can be added to a custom report.

Edit the custom report to add a column for the "Address - District" data field. On the "Format" tab select the field name, in this case "Address - District", in the "Columns" section. Then arrange the order of the columns desired in the "Column Order section.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jodelasur

Post by jodelasur »

That's my problem, I don't see the "Address - District" field in the "Columns" section. Not even a "District" field.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It sounds like MLS has a custom configuration for your country or area. Those of us in the U.S. cannot help you because our MLS configuration does not include that data field. I recommend you call the administrative office that services your stake for further assistance.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jodelasur

Post by jodelasur »

I called our local administrative office and they told me that the District field should be present in all MLS because it is the standard.

If this is indeed just in the Philippines, can I request for the feature to add this field in custom reports in future MLS releases? And also fix any other concern related to this field?

Our admin office recommended me to transfer all data from the Address - District field to Address - Street 2. But that'd mean I'd manually edit 750+ records. Other than that, I think the data should stay in the District field because many sources (like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barangay) tell me that a Barangay is indeed a District.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jodelasur wrote:If this is indeed just in the Philippines, can I request for the feature to add this field in custom reports in future MLS releases? And also fix any other concern related to this field?
While we can discuss these things in the forum, we can do nothing to get such a request submitted the the MLS development team for a change. I recommend you send in the change request using the MLS messaging system. You can also ask your stake/district president request a change through the priesthood chain.
JD Lessley

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”