Stand alone training?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aclawson

Stand alone training?

Post by aclawson »

Has the stand-alone training for MLS been discontinued? I am downloading the various applications from clerksupport.lds.org and found MLS but not the training file that I used to install along with MLS on the new machines.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Stand alone training?

Post by aebrown »

I assume it has been discontinued. They have not updated it in many years. Even after they updated some of the training courses in 2008, they did not update the download to include those newer courses.

Clearly the direction is to put individual courses on the RKATS site, with access to specific courses controlled by your calling. That direction is incompatible with one huge download. And the MLS instructions haven't said anything about installing the training for many years, as well. So I think it's pretty clear that the big training download is no more.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

As I review and update administrative computers around the stake, I have been removing the preinstalled stand-alone training because it is outdated, and I don't want new clerks using it.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

Ok. I'll just create a shortcut to https://www.lds.org/callings/melchizede ... s?lang=eng and leave it on all of the new desktops.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

That sounds like a good idea, if they use it. If they don't, then it will be relegated to the folder of "Unused Desktop Items".

From what I have seen, clerks don't want to camp out in the office any longer than necessary, except during Sunday School. After three-plus hours at church, they want to punch out and head home. Would they return to their office on youth activity night to take training lessons?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

drepouille wrote:From what I have seen, clerks don't want to camp out in the office any longer than necessary, except during Sunday School.
Best laugh I've had all night.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”