Where To Record Membership Number On New Tithing Slips

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
webmonk

Where To Record Membership Number On New Tithing Slips

Post by webmonk »

We have not received the new tithing slips because we are still working through the old ones. I am aware that the new ones allow you to enter your membership number, which is used when outside your home unit, in part to help tie all donations together. However, out of curiosity I looked in MLS to see where we would put the membership number and I was unable to find a place. If I go into "add a donor" and I select "donor is a member of another unit", I expected it to present me with a field to enter the membership number.

If you cannot enter the number then the records cannot be tied together in the system. Am I missing something? :confused:
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Where To Record Membership Number On New Tithing Slips

Post by jdlessley »

They have not released the update to MLS to accommodate this change. For now it is not possible to enter the MRN for an out of unit member.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
webmonk

Post by webmonk »

Good to know. Thanks.
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

This is one of the recent changes that could have been given more consideration and communication with ward clerks before moving ahead.

Without an address on the donation receipt, it is going to make it very difficult to determine if a new donor is actually a new member of the ward, someone just passing through, or someone from a completely different area of the country making a missionary support donation.

When you have a ward that more than 60% have lived in the ward less than a year, you need every tool possible to find new move-ins.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”