MLS: Org calling windows too small

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
chriswoodut

MLS: Org calling windows too small

Post by chriswoodut »

One thing I would LOVE to see changed on MLS is the organization frame showing the callings are too small vertically. When I'm updating callings and I go into the primary I have to sort by name or calling and then scroll that tiny frame in the middle to try to find what I'm looking for.

Dream: I would love a full screen page that showed all people, callings, and the organization. It would have some filter options at the top that allowed me to narrow to specific organizations. I could then easily assign people from a calling in one organization to a calling in another. I could easily see the assigned teachers in all of the primary classes to find where the new teacher should be assigned.
Gary_Miller

Re: MLS: Org calling windows too small

Post by Gary_Miller »

Maximize the MLS window.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

Gary_Miller wrote:Maximize the MLS window.
Obviously I've done that.
genman

Post by genman »

There are lots of things about MLS that are not as user friendly as could be. Unfortunately MLS is a dead-end application. I believe the roadmap is to phase out MLS eventually and manage it all via LDS.org. So, I don't think they are investing much in making GUI improvement changes in MLS. Having said that, maybe changing the display resolution on your desktop in addition to maximizing the MLS window will help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

genman wrote:Having said that, maybe changing the display resolution on your desktop in addition to maximizing the MLS window will help.
I've noticed that some wards have downgraded their screen resolution so that everything is "bigger". But that means that you can't expand the MLS window to get much larger then it's initial start-up screen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

chriswoodut wrote:
Gary_Miller wrote:Maximize the MLS window.
Obviously I've done that.
No it was not obvious. MLS opens up in a small window in the middle of the screen. I rarely see others display it in the maximized view so hence my suggestion, just in-case you did not know it could be done.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

chriswoodut wrote:One thing I would LOVE to see changed on MLS is the organization frame showing the callings are too small vertically. When I'm updating callings and I go into the primary I have to sort by name or calling and then scroll that tiny frame in the middle to try to find what I'm looking for.

Dream: I would love a full screen page that showed all people, callings, and the organization. It would have some filter options at the top that allowed me to narrow to specific organizations. I could then easily assign people from a calling in one organization to a calling in another. I could easily see the assigned teachers in all of the primary classes to find where the new teacher should be assigned.
In the top right corner there is a dropdown box that you can change it to just show other callings, between that and maximizing your screen you can get a good part of the primary teachers on the screen at once.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

JonesRK wrote:In the top right corner there is a dropdown box that you can change it to just show other callings, between that and maximizing your screen you can get a good part of the primary teachers on the screen at once.
I'll try the drop down and see if that makes it any more manageable.

[Moderator note: The remainder of this post has been copied to a new topic Process for making suggestions, since it deals with a separate issue.]

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”