Orphaned callings at LDS.org that are no longer in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Orphaned callings at LDS.org that are no longer in MLS

Post by Mikerowaved »

Another possible solution ("F"?) would be to add direct editing features into the CDOL web interface for select leaders. Not as graceful as a directional unit refresh, but could deal with anomalies that are out of the reach of MLS edits.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Mikerowaved wrote:Another possible solution ("F"?) would be to add direct editing features into the CDOL web interface for select leaders. Not as graceful as a directional unit refresh, but could deal with anomalies that are out of the reach of MLS edits.
That is closer to the current direction. We are working on the edit position web services, so that clerk resources can allow editing callings there.
genman

Post by genman »

Mikerowaved wrote:Another possible solution ("F"?) would be to add direct editing features into the CDOL
JonesRK wrote:That is closer to the current direction. We are working on the edit position web services, so that clerk resources can allow editing callings there.
That would be great to be able to edit positions via clerk resources. It also has the benefit to the developers of not having to crack open the MLS code, if that is problematic.

I don't know how much coordination/collaboration there is between the CDOL/LDS.org development team and the MLS development team.

The proposed Unit Org Data Refresh Upload capability of MLS has most value when there are lots of things needing upload, such as when the server was down for a while, as we saw in December. It also has value for uploading home teaching org data when that is implemented on LDS.org and during the time when the data is being kept on both MLS and LDS.org.

An upload refresh capability seems like useful infrastructure to consider.
genman

Post by genman »

JonesRK wrote:We are working on the edit position web services, so that clerk resources can allow editing callings there.
From another thread, the following was said:
jeremygreer wrote:I have some callings in MLS that disagree with CDOL, and callings in lds.org that disagree with both CDOL and MLS.
How can CDOL and LDS.org disagree? Are those two different databases? Is the new edit position web services going to edit the CDOL database or the LDS.org database? This seems like another reason to have an Org Data Refresh Upload capability from MLS, which would allow capability refresh/sync all of the new and less mature databases with the known data from the stable MLS database for the unit.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

genman wrote:
jeremygreer wrote:I have some callings in MLS that disagree with CDOL, and callings in lds.org that disagree with both CDOL and MLS.
How can CDOL and LDS.org disagree? Are those two different databases? Is the new edit position web services going to edit the CDOL database or the LDS.org database? This seems like another reason to have an Org Data Refresh Upload capability from MLS, which would allow capability refresh/sync all of the new and less mature databases with the known data from the stable MLS database for the unit.
I don't know how CDOL and LDS.org can disagree. I would need to know the details of what disagrees (jeremygreer feel free to PM me the details).
both the directory and clerk resources use the current CDOL services to display there calling data.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”