MLS 3.5.1 Download Link Dead

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: MLS 3.5.1 Download Link Dead

Post by lajackson »

Aaron8 wrote:So I was just called as EQ president and I am looking to get into MSL from home to do my home teaching reporting and such. It seems most of those on this forum are ward clerks though. Do any of you know if EQ presidents can download MSL? I get the same errors that show the link being dead, but is that because I don't have the right calling?
Right now, the only way to report home teaching is by using MLS on the computer in the clerks office. As an EQP, you will not have access to the download site. But it does not matter, because MLS is not designed to operate on more than one computer for each ward or branch.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Aaron8 wrote:So I was just called as EQ president and I am looking to get into MSL from home to do my home teaching reporting and such. It seems most of those on this forum are ward clerks though. Do any of you know if EQ presidents can download MSL? I get the same errors that show the link being dead, but is that because I don't have the right calling?
The answer to your question is "no". The MLS program is not available at home for anyone (except when running a training database). Remote access to the ward MLS is prohibited by policy.

Currently there are no on-line resources special to EQ Presidents, nor is anything about HT/VT available on-line from the church.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kolisikepu

Post by kolisikepu »

Just an update with my situation, everything eventually propagated and now working.
KerryBird

Post by KerryBird »

Is there a plan to bring the home teaching / visiting teaching reporting online soon? As a stake clerk I have noticed that this is one area where it is difficult to get accurate reports because computer access is limited to the church building. I am looking forward to the day when this can be done at home. It would be a lot easier for the leaders and clerks to call each other and get it done in a matter of minutes. Please make this a priority so we can keep better records and watch over the lost sheep who aren't getting visited.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

kerrybird wrote:Is there a plan to bring the home teaching / visiting teaching reporting online soon?
This has been one of the most asked for features to bring online. My understanding is it's somewhere on the road map to eventually happen, but I have no idea the time frame.

Rather than taking this thread further off-topic, if people have other questions regarding HT/VT reporting, please post in one of the existing threads covering that topic, such as this one, Adding Home / Visiting Teaching on Lds.org, or you are welcome to start a new discussion.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”