Mls 2.8.3

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote:MLS 2.8.3b3_13810, but the link ...
... is fixed.
jeromer7

Maybe it was done early...

Post by jeromer7 »

Alan_Brown wrote:Everyone got a message via MLS today talking about the official release of MLS 2.8.3. That message said that it would be downloaded to computers after June 13th. For all stakes not participating in the beta program, there was no software download today and won't be until after June 13th.
I went to the stake center last night (that would be June 10) and ended up with MLS 2.8.3 on the stake admin computer. We are not a Beta stake. Guess SLC finished it up early and pushed it out to any unit that logged in. A message comes up at the end saying you need to reboot the machine and makes it clear (well it was clear to me) they want you to do it then and not just shutdown and start back up next week (which is what I would normally do).
JLR
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JLRose wrote:I went to the stake center last night (that would be June 10) and ended up with MLS 2.8.3 on the stake admin computer. We are not a Beta stake. Guess SLC finished it up early and pushed it out to any unit that logged in.
Interesting. I'll be at my stake center tonight and check it out. Thanks for letting us know.
JLRose wrote: A message comes up at the end saying you need to reboot the machine and makes it clear (well it was clear to me) they want you to do it then and not just shutdown and start back up next week (which is what I would normally do).
I know the message sounds like you have to restart the machine right away, but it really makes no difference if you restart or simply shut down. Either way, the next time you come into MLS it will complete the upgrade to the database (if one is required for the 2.8.2 -> 2.8.3 upgrade -- I don't know if it is).
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Interesting. I did a send/receive on our stake computer at 7:30 EDT and did not receive an update to MLS 2.8.3.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JLRose wrote:I went to the stake center last night (that would be June 10) and ended up with MLS 2.8.3 on the stake admin computer.
It would be interesting to know what version that is. The latest beta version of MLS 2.8.3 that is available at mls.lds.org is build 13810 (also called MLS 2.8.3b3. You can see the version number in the bottom right corner of the login screen of MLS.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:It would be interesting to know what version that is.
As I previously mentioned, last Wednesday (June 4th) we received MLS 2.8.3b2. This evening (June 11th), we received MLS 2.8.3b3 (build 13810). We also received an MLS message stating that MLS 2.8.3 would be released as soon as field testing was complete.

I wonder if field testing means they send it out to a few unsuspecting stakes and see if anyone calls the help desk? [grin]
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JLRose wrote:I went to the stake center last night (that would be June 10) and ended up with MLS 2.8.3 on the stake admin computer. We are not a Beta stake. Guess SLC finished it up early and pushed it out to any unit that logged in. A message comes up at the end saying you need to reboot the machine and makes it clear (well it was clear to me) they want you to do it then and not just shutdown and start back up next week (which is what I would normally do).

My stake does participate in the beta, and we just got 2.8.3b3 (build 13810) downloaded, which matches what is available for download from mls.lds.org. I would find it hard to believe that any other version got downloaded yesterday.

Are you sure no one in your stake signed you up to participate in the beta program? Apparently CHQ thinks you did. :D
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

The MLS 2.8.3 is released as of last night. It is about 100k in size. The reason a few of the non-beta units received it early was due to an error made to which units were supposed to get the beta upgrade. So a few of you may have seen it early. The only things that 2.8.3 has new are some language strings and a few adjustments to some of the quarterly report calculations. It should be pretty transparent as far as the local units are concernend.

The broken beta patch link was fixed a few days ago, but was broken through the weekend. Sorry for any confusion.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

DJC wrote:The MLS 2.8.3 is released as of last night. It is about 100k in size. The reason a few of the non-beta units received it early was due to an error made to which units were supposed to get the beta upgrade. So a few of you may have seen it early. The only things that 2.8.3 has new are some language strings and a few adjustments to some of the quarterly report calculations. It should be pretty transparent as far as the local units are concernend.

The broken beta patch link was fixed a few days ago, but was broken through the weekend. Sorry for any confusion.
The build now being called MLS 2.8.3 (available for download on mls.lds.org) is build 13810, which was previously called MLS 2.8.3b3. So I assume that those of us who got build 13810 through the beta program (whether we were officially on the beta program or received it by accident) will not require any additional downloads.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

It will attempt to patch, but should not update anything as it should recognize that it is the same build. Essentially, it is the exact same build as the beta from last week.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”