MLS callings updates to lds.org temporarily not available

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: MLS callings updates to lds.org temporarily not availabl

Post by jdlessley »

There have been updates to CDOL that makes the processing faster. The longer duration mentioned in How to request the refresh has not been updated.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jdlessley wrote:There have been updates to CDOL that makes the processing faster. The longer duration mentioned in How to request the refresh has not been updated.
It is also referring to the CMIS (membership) side of the refresh too. I know at one point that it ran once an hour. I think parts of that are now much faster, but I don't know which ones.
wagstaffm

Post by wagstaffm »

The name of our new ward clerk is correctly shown in MLS and lds.org and CDOL; but on lds.org he has no access to Tools for Callings and Responsibilities.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The first thing to check is to make sure the calling is a standard position and not a custom position.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

wagstaffm wrote:The name of our new ward clerk is correctly shown in MLS and lds.org and CDOL; but on lds.org he has no access to Tools for Callings and Responsibilities.
If he looks at https://www.lds.org/header it will show that he is missing the ldsPos and ldsPOSv2 headers. He will need to call LUS and get that resolved. Then he will have access.
jeremygreer

Post by jeremygreer »

How to I send my MLS callings to CDOL?
There are so many updated callings in the last few weeks that it would be a lot of work to go edit something in each calling and then change it back.

Can I modify CDOL directly?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jeremygreer wrote:Can I modify CDOL directly?
No.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeremygreer

Post by jeremygreer »

Any chance there will be a message sent out through MLS when problems like this occur in the future?

It is much more difficult to clean up after the fact, especially when you carry on as business as usual making changes in MLS and assuming they are recorded.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jeremygreer wrote:How to I send my MLS callings to CDOL?
There are so many updated callings in the last few weeks that it would be a lot of work to go edit something in each calling and then change it back.

Can I modify CDOL directly?
The problem mentioned in this post is not a problem of callings getting from MLS to CDOL. They are in CDOL just fine, they just aren't giving rights correctly. Since they are in CDOL the rights system can sync with CDOL without clerks help.

Do you're callings show in CDOL?
jeremygreer

Post by jeremygreer »

I have some callings in MLS that disagree with CDOL, and callings in lds.org that disagree with both CDOL and MLS.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”