MLS callings updates to lds.org temporarily not available

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: MLS callings updates to lds.org temporarily not availabl

Post by jonesrk »

drepouille wrote: Did I do something wrong?
You probably got hit by a CDOL bug, where we don't process all the changes that came from MLS :(. By following the instructions jdlessley gave you should be able to get it straightened out. Before you request the refresh you want to follow the instructions in the last paragraph to get any callings you have in MLS that aren't in CDOL sent up to CDOL.

I do have a fix for the CDOL dropping data problem and we are trying to get it into production before the weekend.
jspector

Post by jspector »

I am sitting here on Saturday morning. I tried all of the suggestions and I still have wrong people showing up in old callings. In these cases, they are duplicated to those who are currently in the calling. It also appears changes we made months ago are still not reflected on LDS.org.

Just reporting.

Thanks,

Jeff Spector
Ward Clerk
Black Forest Ward
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Could you be more specific as to where the duplicates are appearing? Is it in MLS? In the online directory? In Leader and Clerk Resources? In CDOL?

What action specifically did you take? I know you said you tried all of the suggestions. If you can tell us what steps you took and what order you took them can help determine what follow on action is needed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

We were not able to get the fix into production yesterday. I have turned off processing for the weekend, so that on Monday when we get the fix in we can run all the changes, so they don't get lost. The downsides are that you won't see changes you make this weekend until about Tuesday, and trying to request a refresh won't send it down until then either.
jspector

Post by jspector »

jdlessley wrote:Could you be more specific as to where the duplicates are appearing? Is it in MLS? In the online directory? In Leader and Clerk Resources? In CDOL?

What action specifically did you take? I know you said you tried all of the suggestions. If you can tell us what steps you took and what order you took them can help determine what follow on action is needed.
1. Removed released person from MLS
2. Added newly called person to MLS
3. Check LDS.org, old person and new person now there. Checked several times that week.
4. added the person back into calling on MLS and did send/receive
5. removed old person again.
6. Checked LDS.org throughout the week, still there
7. Requested Unit refresh Data
8. Removed old person from MLS.
9. Checked LDS.org, sveral times, person still there. In fact, a number of people released over the past year are still there.

thaks for your help,

Jeff
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Ryan Jones, CDOL developer, posted after I did. His response tells us you will have to wait until Tuesday to see if the changes appear as they should. Tuesday doesn't mean Tuesday morning either. I would wait until Wednesday to really expect to see the changes.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I believe both Clerk Resources and the CDOL show two stake clerks and two executive secretaries, but the stake MLS only shows one of each.

Dana Repouille
Unit 618039
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The patch has been released and the files from this weekend are running now. They should be done before morning. I'll post again when it is caught up.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

It is done.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

jdlessley wrote:If MLS and CDOL are not the same then you need to follow the procedures in Correcting duplicate or missing callings.
That wiki article says, "After waiting for CDOL to process the request (usually within 15 minutes), do another Send/Receive to get the refresh."

I also looked at this wiki article:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Unit_data_ref ... he_refresh

It says, "This will send the request to the server at CHQ, which then takes 2-3 hours to process."

Maybe I am confusing different types of refresh requests.

Dana

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”