MLS callings updates to lds.org temporarily not available

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jirp

Re: MLS callings updates to lds.org temporarily not availabl

Post by jirp »

I have done the data refresh and I am starting to get the duplicates and unused people peeled out. But how do I get the unused classes in primary deleted? They didn't appear on the data refresh. I tried reseting the merged classes hoping that would let them surface. It didn't. There are merged classes from previous years still there. 6-7 and 10-11 are both still there for example. This year the 5,6 year olds were a class and 7 year olds were their own class and 9,10, and 11 were a merged class so those others were not used. I had hoped to get it all cleaned up and maybe be done with reentering stuff every time I turned around plus having the online stuff looking like it should.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jirp wrote:But how do I get the unused classes in primary deleted?
What do you mean by unused classes?
jirp wrote:They didn't appear on the data refresh.
The unit data refresh does nothing to classes. It only affects callings and membership records if "Membership Records" is checked.
jirp wrote:I tried reseting the merged classes hoping that would let them surface.
Clicking "Reset Classes" on the Primary tab of the Primary organization should reset the classes to the default classes. This includes resetting names of classes, resetting class membership rules, and resetting membership assignment to classes based on class membership rules. Those children with temporary records will have to be added back in to classes manually.

If clicking "Reset Classes" at the bottom of the Primary tab in the Primary organization does not reset the classes as described then there is a database problem. You need to contact LUS for some assistance in getting that fixed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note: There's another thread that says that resetting the classes will "release" all the primary workers. So make a printout of callings and sustaining dates first.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

russellhltn wrote:Note: There's another thread that says that resetting the classes will "release" all the primary workers. So make a printout of callings and sustaining dates first.
I reset all my classed in primary a month ago and it had no effect on the calling and sustaining dates of leaders or teachers.
genman

Post by genman »

Gary_Miller wrote:I reset all my classed in primary a month ago and it had no effect on the calling and sustaining dates of leaders or teachers.
But it does disassociate them with the class, which would have to be added back in later.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

genman wrote:But it does disassociate them with the class, which would have to be added back in later.
What do you mean by disassociate them with the class?
genman

Post by genman »

Gary_Miller wrote:What do you mean by disassociate them with the class?
I don't have MLS in front of me at the moment, but there is a way for Primary and Sunday School callings to link the teacher to the class. That link is broken if the classes are reset.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

genman wrote:I don't have MLS in front of me at the moment, but there is a way for Primary and Sunday School callings to link the teacher to the class. That link is broken if the classes are reset.
OK gotcha. I did not check that when I reset the classes.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:Note: There's another thread that says that resetting the classes will "release" all the primary workers. So make a printout of callings and sustaining dates first.
I did a "Reset Classes" and it did not remove or release any primary workers. The classes were reset as expected, but nothing else.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

genman wrote:But it does disassociate them with the class, which would have to be added back in later.
None of the primary workers were disassociated from their assigned classes following the reset I did. But then the instructors where associated with classes before the classes were merged. We did not have any split classes before the reset. So I am guessing the disassociation occurs for merged or split classes where the instructor is associated after the merge/split.
JD Lessley

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”