MLS callings updates to lds.org temporarily not available

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

MLS callings updates to lds.org temporarily not available

Post by jonesrk »

I am turning off the processing of files from MLS to CDOL tonight. That means that calling changes you make won't be reflected on lds.org directory. clerk resources or other sites. I will be using the files we capture from this to help find the problem with processing that has caused callings to not make it into CDOL. I will also use the files to allow us to rerun the files that fail when I turn processing back on Sunday night. I will post here again when the processing is finished and I would love to hear of any callings that haven't shown up after that. Sorry for the disruption and thanks for your patience as we work to figure out this bug.
rharwood

Post by rharwood »

Yesterday in MLS, I removed individuals that had been released from callings and added the new individuals that were called for our Young Men Presidency and Teachers Quorum Presidency (unit 276413). It looks like some, but not all of the new callings were added, but the releases are still showing so now CDOL shows two people in the same calling. I haven't checked MLS yet, but it appears that we are now out of sync. Last time I made calling changes, they did not process and I had do do a refresh to get everything back in sync. What is the status of fixing this problem? It is frustrating to make changes that don't happen that then requires the callings in both systems to be reconciled and do a refresh to clean the callings back up. Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

As long as the processing of files from MLS to CDOL is turned off, as reported in the opening post, MLS and CDOL will be out of sync as soon as you make any calling changes in MLS. It will remain this way until the processing is turned back on. When it is turned back on Ryan will make a post in this thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

All of the processing has 'finished' at this point. From my initial look, it looks like about half of the files didn't process :(. From the few I tested, they run through just fine, so tomorrow I will be rerunning them to see if I can get most of them working. I have a few ideas of things to look at to find the trigger to this problem. Hopefully I'll be able to duplicate it and fix it soon.
smodell

Post by smodell »

Looks like this is affecting lds.org directory also.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

smodell wrote:Looks like this is affecting lds.org directory also.
Yes. Anywhere you see positions on lds.org they come from MLS -> CDOL -> CHQ applications, including rights by positions.
jeremygreer

Re: MLS callings updates to lds.org temporarily not availabl

Post by jeremygreer »

Any updates on this?
My lds.org has been out of sync for several weeks now.
I did a unit refresh data 2 weeks ago, but still no sync.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jeremygreer wrote:Any updates on this?
As you can see in the fourth post they have turned on the MLS to CDOL processing. Follow the procedures in Correcting duplicate or missing callings. Note that if only callings in MLS are missing in CDOL then you can have MLS resend the positions to CDOL. To do this you can edit the calling in MLS and change something (the date or set apart flag work well). Save the change. Go back in and change it back to the original value. Then when you send/receive that calling should go up to CDOL.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Thanks for this information. I thought I was going crazy.

Last Thursday, I was released as stake executive secretary, and set apart as stake clerk. My assistant stake executive secretary was set apart as stake executive secretary. I entered those changes into the stake MLS.

When I go to Clerk Resources on lds.org, I am listed as both stake executive secretary, and as stake clerk, and the old stake clerk is still there.

Did I do something wrong?

Dana
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

You did nothing wrong. Check in CDOL to see if the callings are as they should be. If they are then there may a problem with Leader and Clerk Resources. But if the callings in CDOL are the same as they are in Leader and Clerk Resources you need to check what is in MLS. If MLS and CDOL are not the same then you need to follow the procedures in Correcting duplicate or missing callings.

If the callings in Leader and Clerk Resources are not the same as in CDOL then report back here.
JD Lessley

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”