New Clerk...need MLS access help

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

eblood66 wrote:To expand a bit on Ryan's comment here, you may be setup correctly in MLS and it just hasn't processed at CHQ yet. What you should do is try to log onto CDOL (http://cdol.lds.org) later today with your lds.org username and password. If after you Sign in you can search for your ward and see information about your ward then it means you are setup correctly in MLS. Just wait another 24 hours and you should have rights on the other systems.

On other hand if when you log onto CDOL you get an error saying you don't have a position that gives you any rights then you need to go to the desktop MLS and make sure you're entered correctly.
You can also look in the directory to see if your position is showing yet.
eblood66 wrote: After you do a send/receive in the desktop MLS you should be able to access CDOL (as described above) within an hour (if not sooner--sometimes it only takes a couple minutes).
It normally only takes a few minutes, but when it is backed up with the whole weekend's work your data will get put at the end of the queue.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

JonesRK wrote:You can also look in the directory to see if your position is showing yet.
That's true but the directory doesn't indicate whether the calling is a standard calling or just a similarly named custom calling. On the other hand, if he has access rights to CDOL then he can be sure it is a standard calling. So I'd still recommend looking at CDOL.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

eblood66 wrote:That's true but the directory doesn't indicate whether the calling is a standard calling or just a similarly named custom calling. On the other hand, if he has access rights to CDOL then he can be sure it is a standard calling. So I'd still recommend looking at CDOL.
But because of the processing backup this weekend, looking at the directory lets you know if the calling has made it at all. There are some advantages to both methods.
paul.jensen

Post by paul.jensen »

Well, I went to the church on monday and was able to log in and rearrange the callings so that I was listed as ward clerk, but the church website and lds tools still don't reflect the change. It's Friday now and it seems HQ should have updated already. How much longer do I just sit patiently and hope somebody in SLC clicks the update button?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

paul.jensen wrote:Well, I went to the church on monday and was able to log in and rearrange the callings so that I was listed as ward clerk, but the church website and lds tools still don't reflect the change. It's Friday now and it seems HQ should have updated already. How much longer do I just sit patiently and hope somebody in SLC clicks the update button?
Currently there isn't anything waiting st CHQ. I think there were some issues with last week's processing. One thing you can try is to do a Request Unit Data Refresh and that should make your callings look like what the website has. Then you can add yourself as the ward clerk again and see if that works. One other way if the only problem is your calling. You can change something about it (like the set apart flag) save it and then change it back. That should resend the change to CHQ.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”