MLS 3.5 vs 3.4.3 on failed password during login

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What OS is this running on?

Was MLS downloaded from the website, or upgraded during normal send/receive? That may affect what version of Java is installed for use with MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dajoker

Post by dajoker »

MLS: Came via updates... at least two so far... first 20992 and then 21021.

Anyway, reinstalled from a download and now things are working as before. Odd, but apparently system-specific. Thanks for trusting my report even though it was not something I had properly tested on systems other than my own. I'll try to do a better job of verifying reproducibility going forward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dajoker wrote:Anyway, reinstalled from a download and now things are working as before.
Which makes me think it could be a Java version issue. The download contains the Java, while the patches may not. That's why one of the fixes we suggest for odd problems is to re-install from the download.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”