MLS 3.5 update lost all member payees' addresses

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dajoker

MLS 3.5 update lost all member payees' addresses

Post by dajoker »

First check post 3.5 to a member and I noticed there was no address. As those doing finance stuff know, you cannot print a check without a fairly-complete address. Second member (I had three in the batch) also lacked an address, as did the third.

I went to my list of payees and clicked (by chance) on a business, and saw the address. Next clicked (by chance) on a former member of the stake; this one also had an address. Clicked on a couple more current members, no addresses. Found one member who was duplicated and one has an address, the other does not. The one with an address is 'Not a member/miscellaneous' for some reason, and the one without is linked to the member.

Is it just my MLS that lost payees' addresses when they were for current members of the unit (in my case, the stake is the unit, not a ward)? Not a show-stopper perhaps, but what a pain to need to re-enter these for everybody going forward. For those I entered during printing they seem to be sticking so far; the finance summary statement also showed them as updated (from nothing to something).

AB
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

This was noted in the thread MLS 3.5 Rollout - Stake experience and what may be missing in the upgrade; so far only stakes have reported this problem (not wards). The good new is that in post #4, giffordrb says he's looking into it.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dajoker

Post by dajoker »

Perfect; sorry for not finding that in my search.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”