MLS Download Site Changed

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

I've checked all the links you guys have listed in this thread and they all work like they should for me.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

dajoker wrote:Good news! The redirect is attempted!

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Location: https://www.lds.org/callings/melchizede ... plications

Bad news: the result of going to THAT page is a 404. Now I know you're going to copy it and it will work. The headers also show that after I get the redirect for some reason my system appends ?lang=spa on the end of the URL.
You're right. The link as listed here does work for me. But if I change the ?lang=eng to ?lang=spa I get the 404. So that Spanish selection is the problem. There has been a similar problem on the main lds.org page in the past where it sometimes did something similar. They have since fixed that but maybe this part of the site is still having the same problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dajoker wrote:> The old site, mls.lds.org, is inactive. If you use that URL your browser will be redirected to the correct site.

I assume this statement, as written, means it will happen at some point in the future, since that definitely does not happen now.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Right now, I get "page not found" from lds.org.

Edit: Well, now that I try, the direct link doesn't work either.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
krebsj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by krebsj »

Correct, mls.lds.org is now a redirect to the Record-Keeping and Tech support site:

https://www.lds.org/callings/melchizede ... s?lang=eng

That page is currently only available in English. It will be available in the standard LDS.org 10 languages within the next week or so.

Thanks!
RussellHltn wrote:Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Right now, I get "page not found" from lds.org.

R. Justin Krebs :)
MLS Product Manager
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

And now it works again....
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RussellHltn wrote:Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Right now, I get "page not found" from lds.org.

Ah, I think I've found the problem. Sometimes when I try to go to mls.lds.org, I'm sent to the Spanish version (lang=spa). Only, there is no Spanish version yet, so I get sent to "Page not found".

This isn't the first time that lds.org has trouble trying to figure out what language it should be using.

dajoker

Post by dajoker »

I'm glad our experiences (yours, eblood66's, and mine) all match in this regard.
petersboro

Post by petersboro »

I also am redirected to the applications page but 'Download and install MLS' is not there even when I am logged in as a stake clerk. I am in military district in Japan. Any ideas?
dajoker

Post by dajoker »

petersboro wrote:I also am redirected to the applications page but 'Download and install MLS' is not there even when I am logged in as a stake clerk. I am in military district in Japan. Any ideas?

Was working for me Sunday (links only appearing when logged in properly) and is working today. My guess is that somehow your LDS Account is not properly linked to your calling. As a Stake Clerk, then, I'd call LUS to see if they have any ideas. If in need of this type of thing quickly perhaps have your assistance clerk for finances try, or maybe have the Stake Presidency try (I assume they have access, though that is an untested assumption). I'd be willing to make the download available to you too as long as you can make me very convinced you're a clerk somehow (not sure how you could do that, unfortunately, unless your stake is listed somewhere on lds.org with your name by that calling) and as long as one of the moderators doesn't squash the idea right now.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dajoker wrote:I'd be willing

As you intimate, it would be much better for petersboro to work out the issue, if any, with his LDS Account and/or made sure that he is properly listed as a District Clerk in MLS.

@petersboro: Are you listed in MLS in a Standard Position? Can you sign in to CDOL and see your position listed in black type (not orange)? If you are properly recorded in a standard calling, you should be able to access the MLS download site.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”