MLS 3.5 Rollout Status

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

We got it in Mesa, AZ. The only issue is a 117 page CUBS finance error. I killed the print out after 17 pages. I called Support who indicated a patch file would be sent down to fix the errors and told me to check back tomorrow. They said if this is my only problem, I would be lucky as the units in Utah had much more fun. We shall see tomorrow.
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

No luck today. Support said it was a larger problem than they anticipated. They hope to have a resolution by Monday or Tuesday. Until then, we are stuck with having no finance capability.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

One unit went smoothly with the update completing in about 20 minutes.
Another unit is still waiting for the finances to be released. I've notified support and was told that the release file would be sent down today.
Here's hoping. I'm still waiting for reports from 5 other units.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
ralitaco

Post by ralitaco »

Downloading right now in NC
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

techgy wrote:One unit went smoothly with the update completing in about 20 minutes.
Another unit is still waiting for the finances to be released. I've notified support and was told that the release file would be sent down today.
Here's hoping. I'm still waiting for reports from 5 other units.
Support sent down the release file this past Saturday and all's well so far. I haven't heard of any additional issues.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
ralitaco

Post by ralitaco »

The upgrade went very well. Only 1 error...An "Other" sub-account was in the negative, but the top "other" account that was supposed to be 0 had a positive. I just made the transfer and all is well. I even cut a check without issue.
kylehart

Post by kylehart »

I started the upgrade last night with a send/receive.

It said "Updating Finance" and I left for the night.

Back now, and the screen is the same as it was 13 hours ago.

"Updating Finance."

Any ideas?
dajoker

Post by dajoker »

If this is a little dialog box that you usually only get during send/receive, hit the little 'x' in THAT small dialog box's upper-right corner. It's probably just stuck and finished long ago. You may want to restart MLS after that and then try your next send/receive to see if things are able to be unlocked in the finance area (I assume this was your first send/receive, not one of the required subsequent ones).

Another thread semi-recently mentioned another users' experience with the dialog boxes getting stuck. Most of the time, for me, it happens when 'Updating Membership'. I usually give it about fifteen to twenty minutes and then follow the steps above since nothing should take that long (in my opinion) in our membership on an otherwise-idle computer.
kylehart

Post by kylehart »

It has a cancel button. I will check for the X when I return later today. Thanks
murraydavidgeorge2

Post by murraydavidgeorge2 »

Things went very well here in Michigan. The interesting thing for me is that my "backup" time more then tripled after downloading 3.5. It use to take me about around 45 seconds to back everything up. Now it takes almost 3 minutes. Not sure what's up with that...

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”