MLS 3.5 Thread Post by the MLS Product Manager

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
showseason

Post by showseason »

Time to mosey on back to the cabin. The pony express made no MLS update delivery here in the backwoods of the Pacific Northwest today. I did notice that when signing on, there was no automatic message to do a send/receive today.
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

No pony express to western Colorado either. I checked at 4 pm and nothing out of the ordinary. Waited about a half hour and tried again but nothing came up. It is our stake conference this weekend so I will have plenty of opportunity to see if it downloads to the stake computer.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

Remember that in post #1, Justin Krebs said, "3. As we determine which units to expand to, I will ensure that we get a communication to the units so they can plan accordingly." He just didn't say if it would come via your email Inbox or through MLS messaging. I hope it is the former.
JLR
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jeromer7 wrote:He just didn't say if it would come via your email Inbox or through MLS messaging. I hope it is the former.
MLS email is the vehicle used in the past. I would not expect unit specific messages to come to a personal email address.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

jdlessley wrote:MLS email is the vehicle used in the past. I would not expect unit specific messages to come to a personal email address.
I agree that has been the most common method in the past and for most MLS related communications that works just fine. Other posts in this thread suggest why using MLS messaging wouldn't be the best option in this case and I agree with those thoughts.

I (stake clerk) got the original notification of MLS 3.5 and instructions for printing organization reports in via email. A couple of the ward clerks in my stake also said they got the same message. So, I have hopes that for MLS 3.5 at least, email messaging might continue to be considered as the best communications method.
JLR
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

showseason wrote:Time to mosey on back to the cabin. The pony express made no MLS update delivery here in the backwoods of the Pacific Northwest today. I did notice that when signing on, there was no automatic message to do a send/receive today.
FFRsqpilot wrote:No pony express to western Colorado either. I checked at 4 pm and nothing out of the ordinary. Waited about a half hour and tried again but nothing came up. It is our stake conference this weekend so I will have plenty of opportunity to see if it downloads to the stake computer.

I don't think you'll see the update this weekend. If I understand post #16 correctly it will be coming out on Monday.
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

JonesRK wrote:I don't think you'll see the update this weekend. If I understand post #16 correctly it will be coming out on Monday.

At this point I think I will just stop calling LUS. I was told on Wednesday of this week (17th) for those units not downloaded on the 12th, that it would be the 19th. I have no idea what to tell the units within my stake what to expect anymore. This just is not going well.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

We got it at some point in the last couple of days here in the UK.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

8:30am eastern, still nothing - thought maybe a script would push down overnight.

Are they really going to just surprise everybody with it? With many wards planning to do administrative work when they come some evening in the middle of the week it would be nice if they could have some warning as to when exactly it was coming.
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

aclawson wrote:8:30am eastern, still nothing - thought maybe a script would push down overnight.

Are they really going to just surprise everybody with it? With many wards planning to do administrative work when they come some evening in the middle of the week it would be nice if they could have some warning as to when exactly it was coming.
Our Ward received a message last week that we had been selected to receive the Betta version, and that it would be available on Tues the 23rd. The message also encouraged us the get the update/process done early before Sunday.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”