MLS 3.5 Thread Post by the MLS Product Manager

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
User avatar
showseason
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:56 pm
Location: Oregon

Postby showseason » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Time to mosey on back to the cabin. The pony express made no MLS update delivery here in the backwoods of the Pacific Northwest today. I did notice that when signing on, there was no automatic message to do a send/receive today.

User avatar
ffrsqpilot
Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 7:51 am
Location: Montrose, Colorado

Postby ffrsqpilot » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:56 pm

No pony express to western Colorado either. I checked at 4 pm and nothing out of the ordinary. Waited about a half hour and tried again but nothing came up. It is our stake conference this weekend so I will have plenty of opportunity to see if it downloads to the stake computer.

User avatar
jeromer7
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:46 am
Location: Bellevue, Nebraska

Postby jeromer7 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:29 pm

Remember that in post #1, Justin Krebs said, "3. As we determine which units to expand to, I will ensure that we get a communication to the units so they can plan accordingly." He just didn't say if it would come via your email Inbox or through MLS messaging. I hope it is the former.
JLR

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 6735
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Postby jdlessley » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:53 pm

jeromer7 wrote:He just didn't say if it would come via your email Inbox or through MLS messaging. I hope it is the former.
MLS email is the vehicle used in the past. I would not expect unit specific messages to come to a personal email address.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

User avatar
jeromer7
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:46 am
Location: Bellevue, Nebraska

Postby jeromer7 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:04 pm

jdlessley wrote:MLS email is the vehicle used in the past. I would not expect unit specific messages to come to a personal email address.

I agree that has been the most common method in the past and for most MLS related communications that works just fine. Other posts in this thread suggest why using MLS messaging wouldn't be the best option in this case and I agree with those thoughts.

I (stake clerk) got the original notification of MLS 3.5 and instructions for printing organization reports in via email. A couple of the ward clerks in my stake also said they got the same message. So, I have hopes that for MLS 3.5 at least, email messaging might continue to be considered as the best communications method.
JLR

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1623
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Postby jonesrk » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:30 am

showseason wrote:Time to mosey on back to the cabin. The pony express made no MLS update delivery here in the backwoods of the Pacific Northwest today. I did notice that when signing on, there was no automatic message to do a send/receive today.


FFRsqpilot wrote:No pony express to western Colorado either. I checked at 4 pm and nothing out of the ordinary. Waited about a half hour and tried again but nothing came up. It is our stake conference this weekend so I will have plenty of opportunity to see if it downloads to the stake computer.


I don't think you'll see the update this weekend. If I understand post #16 correctly it will be coming out on Monday.
Ryan Jones
CDOL Developer
Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk
Former Ward Clerk

User avatar
ffrsqpilot
Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 7:51 am
Location: Montrose, Colorado

Postby ffrsqpilot » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:05 pm

JonesRK wrote:I don't think you'll see the update this weekend. If I understand post #16 correctly it will be coming out on Monday.


At this point I think I will just stop calling LUS. I was told on Wednesday of this week (17th) for those units not downloaded on the 12th, that it would be the 19th. I have no idea what to tell the units within my stake what to expect anymore. This just is not going well.

dannykos
Member
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:26 am
Location: UK, East Grinstead

Postby dannykos » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:01 am

We got it at some point in the last couple of days here in the UK.

aclawson
Senior Member
Posts: 760
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Commerce Twp, MI

Postby aclawson » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:36 am

8:30am eastern, still nothing - thought maybe a script would push down overnight.

Are they really going to just surprise everybody with it? With many wards planning to do administrative work when they come some evening in the middle of the week it would be nice if they could have some warning as to when exactly it was coming.

1968leocomeeatabite
Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:50 am
Location: Payson, Ut. USA

Postby 1968leocomeeatabite » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:07 am

aclawson wrote:8:30am eastern, still nothing - thought maybe a script would push down overnight.

Are they really going to just surprise everybody with it? With many wards planning to do administrative work when they come some evening in the middle of the week it would be nice if they could have some warning as to when exactly it was coming.

Our Ward received a message last week that we had been selected to receive the Betta version, and that it would be available on Tues the 23rd. The message also encouraged us the get the update/process done early before Sunday.


Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest