MLS 3.5 Thread Post by the MLS Product Manager

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
HansG

Post by HansG »

They've updated the build of 3.5 that you can download here: https://www.lds.org/callings/melchizedek-priesthood/records-and-technology-support/mls-download?lang=eng to include the patch. With permission from your bishop (and stake president to be prudent) you can download and update on your own time. . .
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Our stake downloaded the update last Wednesday and installed it. A couple of days later, another patch came down.
However, we are still missing the 3rd Qtr Reports data. Only one ward's 3rd Qtr report is showing. All the other wards are zeroes. LUS told us to keep running Send/Receives until SLC's database and the stake Db is re-sync'd, but I'm wondering at this point if that advise will work. So far, nothing's happened.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

hansg wrote:They've updated the build of 3.5 that you can download here: https://www.lds.org/callings/melchizedek-priesthood/records-and-technology-support/mls-download?lang=eng to include the patch. With permission from your bishop (and stake president to be prudent) you can download and update on your own time. . .

That build is the latest 3.5. We want to get the final build out within the next day, which will have a few small bug fixes in it. I will try to post more info as I know more.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

I know it is frustrating not knowing the final date, and I am just the messenger at this point but here is what I know. We are doing another 3.5 build that will go out to current beta units sometime later today. It will also be released to all units in Utah. As of now the final release will not happen this week or this weekend. Sorry for any confusion this is causing - we did not anticipate this extended testing period for this release, but want to get it right.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Ryan, Thanks for keeping us updated. I know you guys at HQ are working hard and appreciate it very much.
jameslanderson

MLS 3.5 rollout

Post by jameslanderson »

I appreciated your post and all you and your troops are doing.

I had difficulty locating your reference to finding up to date info. I found a "last" link to be identified as MLS Release Notifications. Is this the intended link or did someone else kill the link you referenced. Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jameslanderson wrote:I had difficulty locating your reference to finding up to date info.
You must be signed in to LDS.org to view the linked page MLS Release Notifications.

You can find other information and applications related to MLS on the Applications page of the Record-Keeping and Technology site . If you are going to the site for the first time you can get there from the LDS.org home page clicking 'Resources | Melchizedek Priesthood' on the main menu. Then click 'Record-Keeping and Technology Support'. Remember to sign in because the links available on the Applications page is customized to your calling. Otherwise you will only see links available for general membership access.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”