Bishopric members all under custom positions - lost financial authorization

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Ryan: giving you an update:

We completed the patch as you outlined. It went just as you said. We were able to close out the batch. All told took just about an hour. Smiles all around:

The only glitch: When we called LUS, we got someone who had no idea what we were talking about. When we said that she needed to stage the file while we were on the phone she said that she couldn't do that and it would take at least 4 hours and probably wouldn't be available until tomorrow.

We read her your note above, she went and asked someone and she came back and did whatever she had to do and we were on our way. Thank you for the instructions that were so clear.

Again: Thank you for your work on this. :)
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

TinMan wrote:Ryan: giving you an update:

We completed the patch as you outlined. It went just as you said. We were able to close out the batch. All told took just about an hour. Smiles all around:

The only glitch: When we called LUS, we got someone who had no idea what we were talking about. When we said that she needed to stage the file while we were on the phone she said that she couldn't do that and it would take at least 4 hours and probably wouldn't be available until tomorrow.

We read her your note above, she went and asked someone and she came back and did whatever she had to do and we were on our way. Thank you for the instructions that were so clear.

Again: Thank you for your work on this. :)

I'm glad that worked and you were able to close that batch. I will have a better weekend now ;) . Thanks for your patience and help through this process - I know it was a frustrating one. I will follow up with LUS again today and make sure they get the word around about this issue so others experiencing this won't be given the wrong information.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
Lynnarave

Still having Bishopric authorization problems

Post by Lynnarave »

I first had Bishopric authorization problems on the Sunday after General Conference.
Then, the following Sunday when I as the ward financial clerk, worked with a different counselor in the bishopric, the problem didn't appear.
Then, on Oct. 28 when I worked with the other counselor again, I had to get the bishop to come in an use his login and password to close the batch, as the counselor is still not recognized as being a part of the bishopric.
So, the initial problem is not solved and no one in my stake seems to understand the problem.
All user authorizations look OK, so it is a deeper problem.
All I know for certain is that last MLS program change is to blame for this problem.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Has your ward followed the steps Ryan Gifford outlined in step #33? That fixed the problem for TinMan above.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Yep. It did. Be sure to also read #41 above as well. It was our only "glitch."

Still fixed. :)

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”