Recording a new movin and spouse

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
tom8

Recording a new movin and spouse

Post by tom8 »

MLS will not let me record the new head of household and then record the new spouse. MLS asks my to find the head of household from the membership list before it writes it in. MLS has not been updated yet, and that is the only way I found to fix this. Can you help?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are they both members? If so, the first step is to get both recorded as members in the ward. Then you can set up the household.

If one is a non-member, see Nonmember spouse
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ecotim

Post by ecotim »

Were they pushed to you or are you requesting? If you are requesting then one of the screens you did not check head of household, which is the screen you must be on. If they are a family in the other ward then you just request the husband all should come together. Unless, like what happened to our ward, the husband was in another ward for some reason. In our case he was serving in a Chinese branch while she was not in that branch. So when we requested him, she did not follow, we had to then request her records.
tom8

Post by tom8 »

Thanks for the replies. I found the only way was to order the hoh record, then update the computer and when the record comes in then order the spouses record. I have not been able to do both steps at the same time yet, there has to be a way and I'll find it. Again Thanks

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”