The following message is being sent to all MLS units this week. If you would like your unit to be part of the beta testing, please clear it with your bishop or stake president and then send an email with your unit name and number to the email address listed at the bottom of this message:
The Member and Leader Services (MLS) software has been updated. Version 3.5 will be downloaded to your unit's computer in the next few weeks. The download will take approximately 15 minutes over a dial-up connection. If you are using a dial-up connection, contact your Meetinghouse Facilities Representative about the possibility of converting your MLS connection to broadband. You can download MLS 3.5 as soon as it is released by going to http://ClerkSupport.lds.org.
Changes in version 3.5 include several bug fixes and new membership and finance functions. Specific changes are explained in the Release Notes which will be available by clicking on Help, and then Release Notes from the MLS menu bar after the software has been installed.
In an effort to resolve differences between local unit organization names and relationships and the Church Handbook, MLS 3.5 will standardize local unit organization and class names and their relationships. To minimize any impacts on your unit you MUST take the following steps to prepare for the upgrade. Carefully follow each step.
Before Upgrading to MLS 3.5:
1. Print an Organization Report for “Other Callings." You will need this report to make sure those serving in callings currently listed under Other Callings are correct in MLS 3.5 organizations. To print the list, Click Organizations on the MLS menu bar, then click Other Callings. Click Print in the bottom left corner of the screen to print the report.
2. Print Primary and Sunday School Organization Reports. All Primary and Sunday School classes will be reset to standard classes as part of the MLS 3.5 upgrade. This means that all split or merged classes will be removed and members assigned to them will be returned to a standard class assignment. Resetting the classes as part of the upgrade is necessary so that in the near future, managing classes and class assignments functionality can be made available through Leader and Clerk Resources on LDS.org.
To print these reports, click Organizations on the MLS menu bar, and then click Primary or Sunday School. Click the Class Members link on the left hand side of the screen. When the class members list appears, make sure All is selected in the “Show” fields.
Click the Print button at the bottom of the screen to print the reports.
After Upgrading to MLS 3.5:
1. Compare the Organization Report for “Other Callings” you printed before upgrading with the “Other Callings” list in MLS 3.5. To review these callings, click Organizations on the MLS menu bar, then click Other Organizations then click Other Callings. Review the callings under Other Callings and each of the new organizations under Other Organizations to ensure those serving in these callings were kept in Other Callings or moved to one of the new organizations. As you review, please note the following:
1. Mission Leader and Ward Missionary positions are now in the new Ward Missionaries organization.
2. Building Representative and Building Scheduler are now in the new Facilities organization.
3. Family History Consultant is now in the new Family History organization.
4. Employment Specialist and Welfare Specialist are now in the new Employment and Welfare organization.
5. Organist or Pianist, Choir Accompanist, Chorister, Music Adviser and Priesthood Music Director are now in the new Music organization.
6. Athletic Director is now in the new Activities and Sports organization.
7. Website Administrator is now in the new Technology organization.
2. Compare each Primary and Sunday School class with the Organization Reports you printed before upgrading and split or merge classes as needed using the instructions below:
1. Example 1, Splitting Classes: If you had three Sunbeam classes prior to the upgrade, they have all been reset to one standard Sunbeam class after the upgrade. To split them into three Sunbeam classes again, do the following:
1. Click Organizations on the MLS menu bar, then click Primary.
2. Click on the Sunbeam class name and rename it in the “Name” field, then click Save. In this example, it will be renamed to Sunbeam A.
3. Click the Split link next the Sunbeam A class and enter the name of the split class, in this example, it will be named Sunbeam B.
4. Select the class members that should be assigned to this new class.
5. Click Next then click Close to save.
6. Follow steps three through five to split the Sunbeam A class again and create and assign class members to the Sunbeam C class.
2. Example two, Merging Classes: If the Valiant 8 and 9 classes were merged together prior to the upgrade, you can merge them again by doing the following:
1. Click the Merge link next to the Valiant 8 class.
2. Select the class to merge with, Valiant 9 in this example.
3. Enter the name for the merged class: Valiant 8 and 9 for this example
4. Click Save
2. Assign teachers to the correct classes as needed.
If you experience any problems with this new version, please provide feedback by e-mail to email@example.com. In the e-mail subject line type: MLS 3.5 feedback. In the e-mail message, give specific details of any issues you find.
Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
- What's New
- Announcements & Policies
- In The News
- Links & Resources
- Church Technology for Members
- LDS.org Website
- Leader and Clerk Resources
- Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures
- Online Donations
- Beta Testing
- Beta Calendar
- Beta Directory
- Beta Lesson Schedules
- Beta Maps
- Beta Newsletter
- Beta Clerk Resources
- Other Websites
- Mobile Applications
- Gospel Library
- Android Gospel Library
- iPhone/iPad Gospel Library
- Gospel Library for Windows
- LDS Media Library
- LDS Tools
- Android LDS Tools
- iPhone/iPad LDS Tools
- Mormon Radio Channel
- LDS Account
- Family History
- FamilySearch Products
- FamilySearch Family Tree Application
- FamilySearch Indexing
- Family History Centers
- Genealogy Industry Issues
- Software Development
- Other Member Technologies
- Church Historical Timeline
- Emerging Technologies
- Accessibility to Church Technology Products
- Interactive Books & Magazines
- Gospel App & Game Contest
- Community Discussions
- General Discussions
- LDSTech Featured Article Discussions
- Technical Recruiting
- Development Help Wanted
- Family Safety with Technology
- Clerk Support
- Getting Started for New Clerks
- MLS Support, Help, and Feedback
- Reports and Forms
- Local Unit Finance
- Membership Help
- Help Center Website (Formerly RKATS)
- General Clerk Discussions
- Meetinghouse Technologies
- Meetinghouse Internet
- Clerk Computers
- Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices
- FAQs for Local Unit Copier Program
- Broadcasts and Conferences
- Internet Streams
- Personal Video Conferencing
- Rich Media in Lessons and Training
- Meetinghouse Audio
- Other Meetinghouse Technologies
- Stake Technology Specialist Training
- Community Development Projects
- Mobile Development
- Interactive Music Project
- Java Web Project Support (Stack)
- Audiovisual Media and Emerging Technologies
- Getting Started
- Digital Media
- General Media Discussions
- Help & Feedback
- Help with this forum
- Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)
- Ideas & Suggestions
- Adobe Flex
- Enterprise Change Management
- Personal Ancestral File (PAF)
- FamilySearch Wiki
- Australia Area Technical Support
- Lesson Schedules
- BlackBerry Gospel Library
- WebOS Gospel Library
- Windows Phone Gospel Library
- BlackBerry LDS Tools
- WebOS LDS Tools
- Windows 8 LDS Tools
- Windows Phone LDS Tools
- Feedback on tech.lds.org
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest