lds.org and MLS data out-of-sync (preferred name)

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nwtaylor wrote:If CHQ data doesn't reflect the local MLS data as far as this 1 record is concerned by Tuesday, then I will need to call someone in Support who can update it on the backend. Link or phone for that would be appreciated.

Local Unit Support
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nwtaylor

Post by nwtaylor »

RussellHltn wrote:Local Unit Support

I emailed this morning and the sister's record was manually updated and is now correct in the various places where it is displayed on lds.org.

Thanks for your help and support!

Neil
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

They weren't able to shed any light on the bug? Do they at least acknowledge there's a problem and have reported it?

I'm more concerned about a broken system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ballantynec

Re: lds.org and MLS data out-of-sync (preferred name)

Post by ballantynec »

Neil,

Granted yours is now an old post with some conversations on similar topics going back to 2009 [https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3655] and related [https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19627] but if you managed to get your issue sorted out, perhaps you can tell me how you did it? Reason for asking: I'm keen to get people to be able to find me when they search for me online by my surname [Ballantyne]. I am one of the many women in the church that have opted not to adopt the surname of their spouse, choosing instead to retain their own [maiden] surname as their [married] surname. But for years now, instead of being able to be found on lds.org directory functionality by my surname, I show only under my spouse's surname [Chiang = head of household] Beyond annoying. How is it that I cannot be known upon ALL the records of the church, ESPECIALLY the digital ones, by my own last name? And what, very specifically, might I kindly offer as instruction to my own ward clerk to get this to change? Not just for me but for all the women in my ward/stake/region.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”