EQ2 missing from HT Statistics Report

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

frugecn wrote:Has there been any recent developments on this issue??
Still no word but I heard they are coming out with a new version to fix a bunch of issues soon. That is all I was told. Sorry :(

Tom
mkmurray

Mls 2.9

Post by mkmurray »

tomw wrote:Still no word but I heard they are coming out with a new version to fix a bunch of issues soon. That is all I was told. Sorry :(

Tom
A few days ago, billv (who seems to be someone who works at the Church) mentioned one new feature/fix of MLS 2.9. His post is found here: http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?p=14755#14755

Is it possible that we could get some more info on what is planned in MLS 2.9? And most especially if this EQ2 problem is included?

Thanks.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

Alan_Brown wrote:I don't see how it could be tolerable for MLS to ignore 2nd quorums in HT statistics. But that's the way it is.
Put all the non-performing elders in EQ2. That way you will have 100% home teaching each month since EQ2 is not reported . . .
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

tortdog wrote:Put all the non-performing elders in EQ2. That way you will have 100% home teaching each month since EQ2 is not reported . . .
LOL, that would be one way of fixing our problems....

...but I would prefer CHQ just fix the bug instead and then we will have two reportable quorums. ;)
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mkmurray wrote:A few days ago, billv (who seems to be someone who works at the Church) mentioned one new feature/fix of MLS 2.9. His post is found here: http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?p=14755#14755

Is it possible that we could get some more info on what is planned in MLS 2.9? And most especially if this EQ2 problem is included?

Thanks.
A thread has been created to list some of the major fixes and enhancements found in MLS 2.9, found here:

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1681

I am grateful this has been posted. I hope this can be a tradition for future versions of MLS.

Unfortunately, this EQ2 problem isn't listed. I realize it could still be there but just not listed; however, the silence from the Church on this issue leads me to assume otherwise. There is so much information about the problem here in this thread. I have offered to send our MLS database to Church Headquarters, and we even have a list of steps to reproduce the problem (even with a fresh install of MLS using the test unit).

This issue really needs to be fixed. We have been coping with it for well over a year now. Every month we are asked to send statistics to the Stake on HT, and every month we have to count up the statistics manually and compute our own percentages. Not to mention, there's no history within MLS that we can look at to see the HT trends for the 2nd quorum.

Our unit is NOT the only one experiencing this problem. This is obviously not an isolated issue. There are others that have posted here, asking when and if a resolution would be found. There must be a sizeable percentage of units with more than one Elders quorum.

So I ask again, what can we do to get this problem understood and solved? The lack of communication is very frustrating...
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mkmurray wrote:Unfortunately, this EQ2 problem isn't listed. I realize it could still be there but just not listed; however, the silence from the Church on this issue leads me to assume otherwise.
I have jumped the gun. MLS 2.9 contains the fix for this EQ2 problem! It is not listed in the release notes.

I appreciate the Church developers reading this forum, making the bug fixes within MLS, and distributing such a great product. My only request is that communication be a little more frequent and detailed.

But again, thank you for fixing this. Many units battling this issue will benefit from MLS 2.9.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”