New software available in the Member and Leader Services

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Daryl1

Post by Daryl1 »

I tried to view the June 1st broadcast today and got this error code. "the video you are trying to watch is currently unavailable. VE_PD_NOTFOUND

Anyone have any ideas?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I just checked it and it works fine for me. I'm running Windows XP SP3 and Firefox 12.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Works fine for me too. It does seem to require Adobe Flash for playback.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craigfield12

Post by craigfield12 »

Just throwing this out there if there is any interest.
I recently wrote some scripts for Bigfix (Relevance). The point is to find malware that the AV's (Sophos etc) don't catch.
The BigFix Script dumps autorun registry keys for the enterprise.

I then take this data and run it through a Python script filter to count the hits and get rid of known goods.
Then investigate what is left and update the Python script as necessary.

You can then use BigFix to delete the registry keys you don't want.
If it's something that may be of interests let me know.
Daryl1

Post by Daryl1 »

I was able to view Clerk Computers today with no problems. Thank you everyone for the reply and help. The broadcast was very good in my opinion.
brentp

Post by brentp »

Hey All,
I am just rebuilding a Dell 740, so I guess LanDesk and TEM will be running together, as LANDesk is deployed with Sophos, and then we load TEM afterwards?
Would that sound about right?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

brentp wrote:Hey All,
I am just rebuilding a Dell 740, so I guess LanDesk and TEM will be running together, as LANDesk is deployed with Sophos, and then we load TEM afterwards?
Would that sound about right?
That's not my understanding. The Sophos install seems to be just Sophos itself -- not LANDesk. Previously, there was a link on the MLS Download Site for computer management software that was LANDesk. Now, the link for computer management software is simply TEM -- there's no download for LANDesk anymore on that site.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Jensen_GL

Re: New software available in the Member and Leader Services

Post by Jensen_GL »

I get a VE_PD_NOTFOUND as well. The video will not come up for viewing. I use Windows 7 X64. Tried IE-9 and IE-10 neither work with the site. ????
I need some help here.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”