Wrong email address in LDS Tools on iPhone

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dfbradshaw
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:08 pm
Location: Federal Way, Washington, United States

Wrong email address in LDS Tools on iPhone

Postby dfbradshaw » Mon May 14, 2012 4:12 pm

I have updated my email address in MLS (I am the membership clerk) and also MLS Web, but when I download the information to LDS Tools on my iPhone, it is still showing my old email address.

I have tried changing my email address again in MLS and MLS Web, and they show the correct address, but my phone is still showing the old address.

I have the latest update for LDS Tools on my iPhone. This has been a problem since I changed my email address about 6 months ago, and people keep sending email to my old address because that is what is showing up on their iPhones and iPads too.

Any idea where else I need to go to change this?

Thanks,
Dean Bradshaw

RossEvans
Senior Member
Posts: 1346
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:52 pm
Location: Austin TX
Contact:

Postby RossEvans » Mon May 14, 2012 4:26 pm

dfbradshaw wrote:I have updated my email address in MLS (I am the membership clerk) and also MLS Web, but when I download the information to LDS Tools on my iPhone, it is still showing my old email address.


Does the latest iOS version of LDS Tools display both a household email and an individual email, or only one of these elements? What content is shown for you in both of these fields in the lds.org Directory, and in MLS?

ecotim
New Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:31 am
Location: Woodbridge, VA USA

Postby ecotim » Mon May 14, 2012 4:34 pm

How long did you wait? It takes sometimes over 24 hours to show up.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20775
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Mon May 14, 2012 5:01 pm

As pointed out, there's household email and individual email.

Just for fun, you also might want to log into ldsaccount.lds.org and check what you have on file in there.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

dfbradshaw
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:08 pm
Location: Federal Way, Washington, United States

Postby dfbradshaw » Mon May 14, 2012 7:12 pm

RossEvans wrote:Does the latest iOS version of LDS Tools display both a household email and an individual email, or only one of these elements? What content is shown for you in both of these fields in the lds.org Directory, and in MLS?


In LDS Tools on my phone, I only see the "Individual" email address, not the "Household" email address - and it is the wrong one.

In MLS the "Individual" and "Household" email addresses are both the same - and they are the correct one.

dfbradshaw
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:08 pm
Location: Federal Way, Washington, United States

Postby dfbradshaw » Mon May 14, 2012 7:13 pm

ecotim wrote:How long did you wait? It takes sometimes over 24 hours to show up.


I've waited about 6 months... and I've tried changing it again several times. I'm tempted to change it to something completely different, and then wait a couple of days, and then change it back to the correct one and see what happens.

dfbradshaw
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:08 pm
Location: Federal Way, Washington, United States

Postby dfbradshaw » Mon May 14, 2012 7:16 pm

RussellHltn wrote:As pointed out, there's household email and individual email.

Just for fun, you also might want to log into ldsaccount.lds.org and check what you have on file in there.


Thanks for the tip. I logged on there and it is showing the correct email address for both "Individual" and "Household". One note, after posting on the forum, I noticed that my email address for the forum was still my old address, so I have updated that now. I'm going to wait at least 24 hours and then download the information from LDS Tools again and see if it magically updated. Keeping my fingers crossed!

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 6526
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Postby jdlessley » Mon May 14, 2012 8:01 pm

dfbradshaw wrote:
RussellHltn wrote:As pointed out, there's household email and individual email.

Just for fun, you also might want to Sign into ldsaccount.lds.org and check what you have on file in there.
Thanks for the tip. I logged on there and it is showing the correct email address for both "Individual" and "Household".
I don't know what you were actually logged onto but there is no "Individual" email address or "Household" email address in your LDS Account profile. Rather there is a "Primary E-mail" and an "Alternate E-mail". While these email addresses are not tied to the MLS email addresses nor the Directory email addresses, the "Primary E-mail" in your LDS Account profile may be the one LDS Tools is using.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20775
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Mon May 14, 2012 8:18 pm

dfbradshaw wrote:One note, after posting on the forum, I noticed that my email address for the forum was still my old address, so I have updated that now. I'm going to wait at least 24 hours and then download the information from LDS Tools again and see if it magically updated. Keeping my fingers crossed!


I seriously doubt that will change anything. I believe the "sync" to the forum software is one-way. No one looks at that stuff by us forum types.

What you can try and do is update your email address in the directory. It will then flow to MLS. I suspect something somewhere lost a "change" flag so the system thinks it is synced when it's not.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.


Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest