How to generate report showing where our full-time missionaries are serving?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gxwheel wrote:I wonder if it is possible via a custom report to generate the names somehow?
MLS has no specific knowledge of who is currently serving a full-time mission, so there's no way to use a custom report with any data that is automatically on membership records. Of course, you could use a custom field, or assign each missionary a specific calling, and then you could use a custom report to generate the list.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

This really is something that the online tool should help us with a little better. Moving beyond the Stake Conference announcements, a Stake Presidency should be tracking missionary setting apart, and their releases. We've had more than one situation where a family with a missionary moved into our stake and needed to be released, but we had no idea the missionary was out, serving, etc... We prefer to plan and know when a missionary is leaving and coming home, being proactive about the process, we've found that being reactive in this situation often causes stress and inconvenience to families and stake presidency members.
dongreen

Post by dongreen »

As a stake we have a Custom Report that has the following filter criteria:

Attribute Compare Operation Value
---------------- --------------------- --------
Mission Country has a value
Age is greater than 17
and Age is less than 23

On the format side of the custom report, there is a column "Callings with Date Sustained/Set Apart" can be used if the mission information has been entered. There is also a column for "Mission Country".

Would be nice to have a "Mission Set Apart Date" and "Month Return Date".
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

dongreen wrote:As a stake we have a Custom Report that has the following filter criteria:

Would be nice to have a "Mission Set Apart Date" and "Month Return Date".

I agree this would be a great addition for stake presidencies.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

JohnShaw wrote:It sure seems that the Online Missionary Recommendation tool could use a couple of good tweaks, wouldn't take much to add this to the data presented in the tool.
I can print the list out for those in my ward from the Online Missionary Recommendation site. Can't the Stake print them out on their side? It lists the name of the missionary, the start date, the estimated end date and the mission name in a section near the bottom of the page.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

TinMan wrote:I can print the list out for those in my ward from the Online Missionary Recommendation site. Can't the Stake print them out on their side? It lists the name of the missionary, the start date, the estimated end date and the mission name in a section near the bottom of the page.
The stake can indeed print that same information, organized by ward, with sections for each missionary with an assignment made, entered the MTC, currently serving, and released from service.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”