MLS performance slow

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

The above is why I cry when I come in on Sunday morning and the pc in the clerk's office is off. An easy fix is to just set the pc to turn itself on earlier (bios setting on most systems). The scan is triggered when the operating system starts, and is a memory hog until it is complete.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
ggllbb

Post by ggllbb »

Fine, except for the four times a year (general and stake conference) when no one will be in the building to shut the system down and it may run till the next Sunday.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

ggllbb wrote:Fine, except for the four times a year (general and stake conference) when no one will be in the building to shut the system down and it may run till the next Sunday.

Not that big of a deal - of course others might feel differently.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

ggllbb wrote:Fine, except for the four times a year (general and stake conference) when no one will be in the building to shut the system down and it may run till the next Sunday.
You could always create a scheduled task to shut the system down late on Sunday evening.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Our BIOS automatic start can be set for every day or for weekdays only... not for Sundays only. I'm going to try another trick this week. I'll unplug the ethernet cable when I start the computer and plug it back in before Sacrament meeting.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

mrrad wrote:Our BIOS automatic start can be set for every day or for weekdays only... not for Sundays only. I'm going to try another trick this week. I'll unplug the ethernet cable when I start the computer and plug it back in before Sacrament meeting.

This will keep sophos from updating but the scan will still continue. I wouldn't be too afraid of leaving the pc on, at least for the weekend as bios rules allow.
Ryan Gifford
MLS

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”