MLS Part Member Families

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
kolisikepu

MLS Part Member Families

Post by kolisikepu »

Am I blind or is it not there?? Missionaries asked me the other day to print them out a Ward list and have the list display part member families. I said, it doesn't have it by default on the Ward directory list but there is a way.

I was quite stumped as to how to print the ward directory with part member families flagged just as the missionaries asked. I did manage however a custom report for the missionaries and gave them a less detailed ward directory.

So is there a way to flag part member families (household with family member not baptised) and print it out on a directory?? I remember seeing a directory once in my life time with PM flagged next to the family members name.

Any thoughts anyone? (I hate to say I'm blind.... I'll be worried)
..::[ Kolisi Kepu ]::..
Joomla King
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Greetings,

I remember this was asked not too long ago...
Yes, here's the thread...

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1108

Mike
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kolisikepu

Post by kolisikepu »

Mikerowaved wrote:Greetings,

I remember this was asked not too long ago...
Yes, here's the thread...

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1108

Mike
It's funny you mentioned this as I just come from visiting that thread before reading your reply.

I understand now that I have to create a custom report.
..::[ Kolisi Kepu ]::..
Joomla King
Levasa

Re: MLS Part Member Families

Post by Levasa »

My Bishop has asked me for a list of Partial Member Families in our ward, I'm just wondering if there has been any update or developments on MLS regarding this matter since this post was made?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Levasa wrote:... I'm just wondering if there has been any update or developments on MLS regarding this matter since this post was made?
None. I really doubt there will be any in MLS. There may be some time in the future in Leader and Clerk Resources.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Levasa wrote:My Bishop has asked me for a list of Partial Member Families in our ward, I'm just wondering if there has been any update or developments on MLS regarding this matter since this post was made?
Note that in the wiki under Custom Reports: Part Member Families, not only are the criteria for the report listed, but you can actually download the report to add it to your MLS custom reports list. So it should be pretty easy to get this report, even if it isn't built in.
Levasa

Post by Levasa »

Thanks for the help, much appreciated :)
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

aebrown wrote:
Levasa wrote:My Bishop has asked me for a list of Partial Member Families in our ward, I'm just wondering if there has been any update or developments on MLS regarding this matter since this post was made?
Note that in the wiki under Custom Reports: Part Member Families, not only are the criteria for the report listed, but you can actually download the report to add it to your MLS custom reports list. So it should be pretty easy to get this report, even if it isn't built in.
And once you have the report downloaded (or you type it and save it,) it will be in your custom reports list and super-easy to print it each meeting.

Make it far more insightful to your bishop and ward council by adding two additional columns: "home teachers" and "HT statistics (12 months)" or the same with visiting teaching. Print it in landscape and adjust the column width or drop out some of those other columns. Now the report not only lists WHO is a part member family, but HOW SUCCESSFUL your unit has been at home (visiting) teaching them over the past year. Gives a different picture than the quarterly report HT (or VT) percentage!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”