Challenge in Recording Visits for New Move-Ins

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Fteter

Challenge in Recording Visits for New Move-Ins

Post by Fteter »

A new ward clerk here looking for help. I'm hoping my problem is due to "pilot error" rather than an application constraint or software glitch.

In February, 4 families moved into our ward boundaries. The records were received in MLS. The Relief Society visited the adult sisters in each of those families. Visiting teachers also made personal contact with the adult sisters in each of those families. So far so good...

The Relief Society Secretary has attempted to record the visits made to the adult sisters of these new families, but MLS will not allow her to make the entry. The fields for recording visits to these sisters are "grayed out" for February. I've also attempted to record the visits myself, but have encountered the same problem. The fields are available for March and it appears we will be able to record visits made to these sisters for the month of March.

The sisters are assigned to Relief Society in MLS and the VT companionships have been assigned in MLS.

Anybody have an idea as to what is happening here? I'd greatly appreciate any help or guidance.

Thanks,
--Floyd--
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

I don't think MLS allows you to record HT & VT visits for the month records were received in MLS. This prevents having record show up on the last day of the month and then count negatively against the statistics has having not been visited.

Kudos for an on-the-ball Relief Society.
Fteter

Post by Fteter »

@jbh001: Thanks for the response. The constraint you pointed out is good to know.

And I'll pass on your kudos to the Relief Society...they are most definitely a significant blessing to the ward, the stake and the community.

--Floyd--
terrysackett

Post by terrysackett »

I'd like to second the kudos. My wife is in our RS presidency and she'd be jealous to learn that all of those new sisters' VTs did their jobs so well!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”