MLS only showing Finance capabilities for all users

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

The cause has been identified and they are working on an update.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
mikereid

Post by mikereid »

I have a Ward building with 3 MLS computers 2 out 3 have this issue.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Looks like they have a fix for the problem now; a send/receive should take care of it.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
bbennion

correlation to family history centers in same building

Post by bbennion »

The two affected wards in our stake reside in buildings with family history centers. In those units, donors are called customers.
paulw_cpa

Post by paulw_cpa »

giffordrb wrote:The CUBS team is still looking into the cause, but aebrown and Russelhltn are correct - the problem was a file that came down from cubs that set a unit to be a finance only unit. The fix is to send another file down removing that flag, which was done for those that we were able to identify. If after another send/receive a unit still shows as finance only then it would be good to know - we think we have them all but could have missed some units.

Problem occurred around 11 am at stake clerk's office. Did a couple send/receives and Stake Exec. Sec. went to activate temple recommends at 8:30pm and was unable to. Maybe we just need to try another send/receive. I will try that tomorrow morning. Hoping this works since I need to change the stake presidency counselors who were set apart today!!
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

paulw_cpa wrote:Problem occurred around 11 am at stake clerk's office. Did a couple send/receives and Stake Exec. Sec. went to activate temple recommends at 8:30pm and was unable to. Maybe we just need to try another send/receive. I will try that tomorrow morning. Hoping this works since I need to change the stake presidency counselors who were set apart today!!
I tried multiple s/r with no effect. I suggest that everyone remain patient until SLC has a chance to review what happened and issue a correction. Experimentation could make things much worse.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
cherishj

Post by cherishj »

This issue has been resolved. Please do 2 send and receive changes from your MLS to correct this issue.
wellingms
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wellingms »

If any unit has restored from a previous backup you will need to call Local Unit Support as soon as possible. Your finances will most likely be out of sync and you will be missing donations, expenses, or transfers that you have made since the date of the backup you just restored from. Also there is potential for some membership information to be missing as well. Local Unit Support can be reached at 1-855-537-4357 option 2.
Michael Welling
Department Apps
Global Service Center
1-855-LDS-HELP

Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS Tech Wiki?
cherishj

Post by cherishj »

wellingMS wrote:If any unit has restored from a previous backup you will need to call Local Unit Support as soon as possible. .

Thanks for pointing that out. Please don't restore from a backup to fix the problem, as it will cause other problems.
poswald

Post by poswald »

Provided update resolved the issue ... thx

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”