MLS backups taking very long time

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
nathancook1

MLS backups taking very long time

Post by nathancook1 »

For the last several months my MLS backups have been taking 5-10 minuets to complete. This is to local disk as well as flash drive. The backups are only 38 MB in size. I have tried re-installing MLS to no avail. Is this a known bug or is there anything else I can try? I know it's not a OS or hard drive issue.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nathancook1 wrote:For the last several months my MLS backups have been taking 5-10 minuets to complete. This is to local disk as well as flash drive. The backups are only 38 MB in size. I have tried re-installing MLS to no avail. Is this a known bug or is there anything else I can try? I know it's not a OS or hard drive issue.
If your backups are "only 38 MB" then they are pretty big in MLS terms. See MLS Backup file size growing for tips on reducing the size (which will speed it up). That thread also contains a speculative discussion of why backup is so slow, even for files that seem to be of reasonably modest size.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”