System Options

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

glamiac wrote:I guess one option is to hide disabled users so a current list of anyone with active permissions would be easier to sort through. Obviously this would require a "Show Disabled" option as well.
How about graying out disabled users? That way you know the status just by scrolling though?
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

ericb wrote:Another option going forward is to create users based on callings: Bishop, Ward Clerk, YM Secretary, etc. That way, you rarely have to add/delete users. You simply assign the appropriate member to that user and update their password.
I ran into a snag with that because once a username is used, it can't be reused. For example, I thought I could delete/remove 1st Counselor, and succeeded. but when I when to add it back in, MLS wouldn't let me. I ended up having to create a new user of First Counselor on that system. I have avoided position usernames ever since.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jbh001 wrote:I thought I could delete/remove 1st Counselor, and succeeded. but when I when to add it back in, MLS wouldn't let me.
That was true with the older MLS. It would delete it from view, but it was still there in the system because it was associated with financial transactions.

The current version won't let you delete it if it's been used for finances, but you can deactivate it. (And re-activate it later.)

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”