MLS No Users on Windows 10

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
EthanBratt

MLS No Users on Windows 10

Post by EthanBratt »

Good morning.

I sat down to log in today and MLS wanted to update. I gave it permission to do so and when it finished and I went to log in, there were no users. It now shows version 3.8.6_23993. We've been on Windows 10 for a while.

Before anyone just refers me to the wiki, there are no instructions on it for how to locate the files in Windows 10 and the file structure on this computer is very different than what it is instructing for either XP or 7.

Any help here?
Ethan
STS
Colorado
EthanBratt

Re: MLS No Users on Windows 10

Post by EthanBratt »

Ok, finally figured it out. Here it is for anyone else who searches on here.

You have to adjust the windows explorer settings to show hidden files. You will not find what you need until then. At that point, I was able to figure it out although the file structure is a bit different. I also had to use the preferences file from not the most recent but one older backup to get back in. However all finance data seemed to be intact.

I hope this is helpful to someone else!
Ethan
STS
Colorado
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: MLS No Users on Windows 10

Post by russellhltn »

I belive that Lost user names (MLS) covers your situation. I don't think there's any difference between Win7 and Win10 as far as file paths are concerned. It does indicate that some folders may be hidden.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”