Custom reports

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
spankydog3997

Custom reports

Post by spankydog3997 »

How do I print a list of returned missionaries in my ward showing where they went and the language they spoke?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Custom reports

Post by russellhltn »

Try this in MLS:
Go into Custom Reports, click "Add Report" link in the top right and give the new report a name.
For Criteria: "Mission Language" "has a value"
In the next page, for "Format", check off "Mission Country" and "Mission Language".

It's not perfect in that it may not list all the RM (as there doesn't seem to be a field for mission status), but is should list all the RMs that have mission information filled in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jcurle

Post by jcurle »

Is there a way to do this on LDS.org?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jcurle wrote:Is there a way to do this on LDS.org?
Yes, but apparently, only the bishop and ward clerk can do it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I'm a Bishopric First Counselor and can create this report.

However, my interest is the actual Mission where the missionary served, as we have an outdated "Missionary Board" showing where members from the ward served their missions, and one of our Ward Missionaries would like an updated list of where each RM served, which they'd use to update the board. For this to be useful, instead of simply "United States", the report would show "Birmingham Alabama USA", or whatever. I don't find this "Mission" info in any of the available report columns, which to me indicates that this info isn't necessarily stored in the system. I know that many missionaries served in multiple missions (like me), but at least the name of one of them would be nice.

Any thoughts on accessing this particular piece of data? Perhaps the church purposefully restricts this info, or maybe it's available to only a Bishop (haven't asked mine...)? We can always ask each member in person for their mission name, just a bit more time-consuming.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

BrianEdwards wrote:Any thoughts on accessing this particular piece of data?
The whole time I've been a clerk, the only thing ever available has been the mission language and country. For fairly recently returned missionaries the specific mission may be available in the Missionary Recommendation system. I'm not sure how far back that goes but I doubt it's more than just a few years. Other than that system I don't think the bishop has any more information than anyone else.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't think it's restricted as much as that kind of detail doesn't fulfill the purpose of being on the portion of the membership record visible to the units.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

That's all that was stored for a long time so that is all that we have for most people.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”