Printing member address labels

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Printing member address labels

Post by lajackson »

Biggles wrote:
lajackson wrote:The site works just fine. If you are not able to access it, there is a permissions error, not a website problem.
Then why may I ask, as a Ward Clerk can I not access that particular page?
I am an assistant ward clerk and I can access the page. Our ward clerk can access the page. If you cannot, it might be worth a call to the help desk. My guess would be that something is wrong with your permissions or how they are being presented to or read by the site.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

From MLS, if I go to a directory of members and File > Print Mailing Labels, I'm given a list of all the families in the ward. I can check the ones I want to print. The list shows the family's last name and then both spouse names (if there are two). For example:
  • Doe, John and Mary
However, when I preview the mailing list labels, it only shows "John Doe". The spouse is not listed. The mailing labels don't match the list of names. Is there a way to get both spouses listed on the mailing labels? I tried different ward directories from MLS before choosing File > Print Mailing Labels. I couldn't find any that had both names despite the checkbox list showing both names.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sasgrw wrote:However, when I preview the mailing list labels, it only shows "John Doe". The spouse is not listed. The mailing labels don't match the list of names.
What happens if you go ahead and print? You can do a test run using regular paper. I'm wondering if it's a bug in the preview.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

The print preview is the same as the printed output, but I printed a test page anyway. Only the head of household prints.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Sounds like a bug. I'd report it.

However, just to be sure, you might want to do a over the top install of MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:However, just to be sure, you might want to do a over the top install of MLS.
I got the same behavior a couple weeks ago when I tried to print mailing labels for Christmas cards so I don't think it's an installation issue. But I have my doubts that they will fix it even if they consider it a bug.

Personally, I did an export of households from the lds.org Directory and used that for mail merge. I don't know how long that export will still be available though. Most likely it's still there just because they haven't done an update of the Directory for a while.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

Regarding access to https://www.lds.org/help/support/print-mailing-labels, I called yesterday and they couldn't figure out why I couldn't access that page even though I'm a ward clerk. They suggested I release myself then call myself to try to reset the system. Of course, I can't do the latter. One I release myself, I won't have access to LCR to record my calling again. If someone wants to try that, let us know the results. Personally, I know how to print mailing labels and I haven't needed anything else from the help/support site so I'm not going to try this. I've been a ward clerk for 5 years and we've had a ward split and a stake split since then so perhaps with all the reshuffling, something happened with the permissions table.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

Can you make yourself an assistant ward clerk, release yourself as ward clerk, then make yourself clerk again and release yourself as assistant?
gilbertdb

Post by gilbertdb »

It looks as if only Bishopric leadership can print labels, is this correct? Do any other leadership positions have access to printing labels for their organizations?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”