MLS 3.7.4 - organization lists

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
slmsz20

MLS 3.7.4 - organization lists

Post by slmsz20 »

3.7.4 is causing a lot of headaches on the member/organization side. I was trying to print a list of our priests which should just pull the priests listed in the class (young men aged 16-18). It was pulling the entire prospective elder list in. Stuff like this is happening in other orgs. I could not even assign people to a mission prep class. Is there an eta on the lcr update? I really do not want to have to deal with these organization issues for too much longer (I also function as the Stake Membership Clerk so all these issues from our Wards end up on my doorstep). 2014 was not a good year for the membership side of MLS I really do not want a repeat in 2015.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: MLS 3.7.4 Release

Post by scgallafent »

slmsz20 wrote:3.7.4 is causing a lot of headaches on the member/organization side.
If you're having issues, they need to be reported to the GSC. They will start the process of documenting and reporting the issues so that we can deal with it on the development side. We have done a huge amount of testing on this release trying to isolate any issues, but I'll be the first to admit we can't have caught every issue.

I have seen one report of an issue with Aaronic Priesthood quorum lists but haven't looked at it yet. Even when I do, I can't guarantee it's the same as your issue. Put together a quick description of the issue and get it to the GSC. They will move it forward from there.

Reminder: New issues should be reported in separate threads.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

MLS 3.7.4 Release

Post by scgallafent »

slmsz20 wrote:I was trying to print a list of our priests which should just pull the priests listed in the class (young men aged 16-18). It was pulling the entire prospective elder list in.
Based on what I've seen while testing today, it should be pulling in prospective elders whose office is priest. I'm pretty sure I know the change (to fix a different issue) that triggered this. Now it's just a matter of fixing the broken behavior without breaking the fixed behavior....

The immediate workaround is to print the rolls from Leader and Clerk Resources.

Moderators: This thread should probably be split.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: MLS 3.7.4 Release

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:Moderators: This thread should probably be split.
Done.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
slmsz20

Re: MLS 3.7.4 - organization lists

Post by slmsz20 »

If I want to print a standard roll or list I can go to the class or roll section. The standard behavior is to print those that are listed in that class. Prospective Elders are not listed in that class (even though they may be listed as Priests). If they were attending church, most whom do not, they would not be attending that class anyway, most would be either in Elders or High Priests depending on age or situation. The current program behavior is to shove everyone into the class with no input from the Clerk. I did not assign them to the class, nor do I want them to print on these lists. We have a large Priest Quorum to keep track of, I do not need extra individuals cluttering the list, that should be reported elsewhere.

I make a lot of custom reports since the standard reports do not meet a lot of our needs. I should not have to make a custom report for a class roll or list.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: MLS 3.7.4 - organization lists

Post by scgallafent »

I made a fix today that corrects this issue. It will be in the next release of MLS, which is scheduled to be released before the end of the quarter

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”