MLS PROBLEM IN UTAH?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
zaneclark

MLS PROBLEM IN UTAH?

Post by zaneclark »

I talked with a friend on Sunday from the Utah Valley, and I mentioned how great it was that many MLS functions were now available outside the clerks office. He said they couldn't do any of these things in their area due to some major server problems. It takes them an hour or more to transmit anything from MLS in the clerks office. He said this had been going on for several weeks. If this is all true, and I have no reason to think otherwise, is their a possibility that this could happen in other areas?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: MLS PROBLEM IN UTAH?

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I talked with a friend on Sunday from the Utah Valley, and I mentioned how great it was that many MLS functions were now available outside the clerks office. He said they couldn't do any of these things in their area due to some major server problems. It takes them an hour or more to transmit anything from MLS in the clerks office. He said this had been going on for several weeks. If this is all true, and I have no reason to think otherwise, is their a possibility that this could happen in other areas?
That's certainly not my experience in Utah. We often transmit in a matter of seconds, but of course it depends on the amount of data being transmitted. It may take 2-3 minutes on occasion. But I've never heard of anyone taking an hour, unless they were on dial-up because the Internet connection was down (and that hasn't happened in our stake for a long time).

So although I certainly am not doubting the report of slow transmission speeds for that ward, I am strongly doubting that the cause of such dramatically slow performance is some regional problem with servers. Given that there are hundreds of wards in Utah Valley, I really doubt there could be such a severe, widespread problem without us hearing about it. So I think it must be much more local -- an ISP or network problem in that ward's building.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Odd. I'd question if it was a internet issue. Possibly in the chapel, but also could be with a local ISP.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

My friend lives in Mapleton, and he indicated that the problem was not confined to his building, but was widespread....
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:My friend lives in Mapleton, and he indicated that the problem was not confined to his building, but was widespread....
But what's the source for his information? Has it been confirmed by the Global Service Center, or is it anecdotal (beyond his personal experience)? And how widespread is it purportedly?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

We don't have problems in Provo...
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”