How to Print a Combined Tithing Statement

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
kenewald

How to Print a Combined Tithing Statement

Post by kenewald »

A couple would like both of their names on their tithing statement.

Their donations were entered under one of their names even though they wrote both on the donation slips.

What's the best way to handle this?

Thanks!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: How to Print a Combined Tithing Statement

Post by jdlessley »

kenewald wrote:A couple would like both of their names on their tithing statement.
There used to be an option to include the spouse's name on the tax statement. But it appears that option was removed in one of the MLS updates some time this year. Before it was removed, a spouse was included on the tax statement by checking the box "Show spouse on donor report" in the donor record.
kenewald wrote:Their donations were entered under one of their names even though they wrote both on the donation slips.
A donation can only be entered for one member name. Prior to the CUBS conversion in 2010 members could have both their names on a donor record even though the combined name was linked to only one of the membership record numbers. I suspect some members still think that is possible today - but it isn't.
kenewald wrote:What's the best way to handle this?
There is no capability for combined donations. Even including the spouse's name on a donor report is not possible anymore. It is unfortunate that the ability to include a spouse's name in a donor report was removed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:
kenewald wrote:A couple would like both of their names on their tithing statement.
There used to be an option to include the spouse's name on the tax statement. But it appears that option was removed in one of the MLS updates some time this year. Before it was removed, a spouse was included on the tax statement by checking the box "Show spouse on donor report" in the donor record.
The option is on the donor record, not on the report. Go into Add/Update Donors, find the name of the donor for whom the donations were recorded, click their name, and then check the box to include the spouse on donation statements.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aebrown wrote:
jdlessley wrote:
[italics and font color added for emphasis.]
The option is on the donor record, not on the report.
Please see the text of my post you quoted - that is exactly what I posted.

However, note that option has been recently removed. It is not available in MLS 3.7.3.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:However, note that option has been recently removed. It is not available in MLS 3.7.3.
I just used that option in MLS 3.7.3 last week. I'm not sure what conditions might lead to it not being visible in some situations, but it certainly is visible in others.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I guess I'll be contacting LUS since that is not available in our installation of MLS. I have used it in the past (last year) but in another version of MLS.
JD Lessley
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:I just used that option in MLS 3.7.3 last week.
And just this past Sunday I happened to restart MLS and saw several patches install. You might want to check again in case they did something.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”