Stake Geo Codes

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake Geo Codes

Post by russellhltn »

tcg1 wrote:In particular, a family in one ward definitely has all of their individual records but they don't show up anywhere in a "household" list.
Is this in the stake MLS you're looking at?

I don't have a answer, but there's a couple of patterns I'd look for. The first is out-of-unit leaders serving in another ward. You can probably print the information from the home ward, but perhaps it's hiding the "duplicate" households in the other ward.

The second would be if someone has set up non-member households. I don't think that's allowed, but that's not to say that no one would do it.

The last is that perhaps the families are "in transit" and in the process of moving in or out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

If you don't find anything from russellhltn's suggestions, please call the help desk and give them the details (unit, affected families, problem description) so that they can get it back to us to investigate.
tcg1

Post by tcg1 »

To answer russelltn's questions:

Yes, this is the Stake MLS. This is not a non-member household, the father was on the High Council and they have lived at their address for many years. He is currently the HP Group Leader in his ward so does not have an out-of-unit calling.

At one time I had been able to assign a stake geocode to the family, but we recently split that geocode and I assigned the new codes, but after looking at subsequent printouts, the Stake President said, "doesn't Bro. Fernandes live in the new geocode?" Well, yes, he did, but when I went to make the update the family does not show up anywhere in the entire list of geocodable households in the entire stake. The individual records are there, however.

I will call the help desk at the first opportunity.
tcg1

Post by tcg1 »

As a follow up, I did call HQ and the assessment was that somehow the household record had gotten corrupted. The tech person attempted to refresh the record by editing the address field, but I have not had an opportunity yet to receive the updated set of records to see if the problem is now solved. She said if her edit didn't solve the problem, then the ward clerk would have to clear then re-create the household record, then send the updated ward records. That should clear up the problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tcg1 wrote:then the ward clerk would have to clear then re-create the household record,
They can change the household by adding and removing members, but "clear" and "re-create" is not likely to be operations they understand.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”