Shared Resources

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:MLS is the place to add non-resident members to a unit. This will have to be coordinated through the other stake's leadership and the designated unit's bishop.
That may work, but I think it can also be done by the Stake LUWS admin. If they are added in MLS, then they will appear in the rolls of that ward. I don't think that's the case if they are added in LUWS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:That may work, but I think it can also be done by the Stake LUWS admin. If they are added in MLS, then they will appear in the rolls of that ward. I don't think that's the case if they are added in LUWS.

It can only be done by the stake LUWS administrator. An MLS out-of-unit member will not help at all with this scenario, since MLS out-of-unit members are not automatically added to that stake's LUWS, so that is not going to be helpful.

So if you want access to LUWS resource calendars, simply go with the non-resident LUWS user technique, and don't do anything with MLS.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

Alan_Brown wrote:So if you want access to LUWS resource calendars, simply go with the non-resident LUWS user technique, and don't do anything with MLS.

If I understand this workaround, it would necessarily entail assigning an intermediate person or persons in the ward to be designated as non-resiident LUWS users of the stake web site. That would be helpful, but still not as friendly and flexible as giving all ward members access, and I doubt that the stake LUWS administrator wants to do that.

For example, in our situtation -- which I think is typical -- any ward member or leader who needs to reserve part of the stake center for an activity can browse the resource calendar to help choose an open date/time. Then they submit a request online. In the intermediate scenario, part of that functionality would be lost. Still better than nothing, though.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

boomerbubba wrote:If I understand this workaround, it would necessarily entail assigning an intermediate person or persons in the ward to be designated as non-resiident LUWS users of the stake web site. That would be helpful, but still not as friendly and flexible as giving all ward members access, and I doubt that the stake LUWS administrator wants to do that.
You're right. The idea here is to give the resource admin for each ward/stake access to see the other stake. So they can consult the other's calendar before approving any requests. It wouldn't help the members looking for an open date.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

jdlessley wrote:MLS is the place to add non-resident members to a unit. This will have to be coordinated through the other stake's leadership and the designated unit's bishop.
Just a clarification - creating an out-of-unit member record in the other stake's MLS will not grant someone access to that stake's web site. The stake web administrator needs to add them under the non-resident member section of the stake administrator options page. All he needs is their membership number and confirmation date, as well as the Stake President's approval.

As part of the process, the non-resident member will be added to a specific ward in that stake, and logging in will now take the non-resident member to that assigned ward by default. At least I believe so - I just grant access. I've never been the non-resident.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”