Future of LUWS' "other" parts

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
faireskind

Future of LUWS' "other" parts

Post by faireskind »

Admittedly, I have not done a thorough perusal of the many threads in this forum and I apologize for that. I was wondering if those of you who spend a lot of time here and have been able to get a better understanding of where the Church is heading with the revamp of the LUWS could elaborate on what you think the future is of the other parts of the "Classic" LUWS (i.e., News and Information, Lesson Schedules, Missionary, and Resources). It's clear that the Church is migrating the Calendars along with the Member and Leadership Directories to new (and much improved) formats. What about the "other" remaining parts? Does anyone have information about possible additions to the list?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

faireskind wrote:Admittedly, I have not done a thorough perusal of the many threads in this forum and I apologize for that. I was wondering if those of you who spend a lot of time here and have been able to get a better understanding of where the Church is heading with the revamp of the LUWS could elaborate on what you think the future is of the other parts of the "Classic" LUWS (i.e., News and Information, Lesson Schedules, Missionary, and Resources). It's clear that the Church is migrating the Calendars along with the Member and Leadership Directories to new (and much improved) formats. What about the "other" remaining parts? Does anyone have information about possible additions to the list?
See the first question and answer in Top Calendar Questions.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would expect that the other parts, in time, will be migrated as well. But we don't know when or have any details.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
faireskind

Post by faireskind »

Thanks Alan and Russell! I knew that you two would have an opinion. Thanks for taking the time to share it.
rhusted

Post by rhusted »

aebrown wrote:See the first question and answer in Top Calendar Questions.
Unfortunately, that link doesn't provide us with any new information. *sigh* What is the CURRENT STATUS and PROJECT TIMELINE for the new Local Unit Web Sites (LUWS)? Will we see those in 2012?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rhusted wrote:
aebrown wrote:See the first question and answer in Top Calendar Questions.
Unfortunately, that link doesn't provide us with any new information.
When that post was made there was information there. That article is maintained regularly and the information updated. Not having the information there now tells us there is a bit of uncertainty as to what the status of the classic LUWS modules are. The effort on the calendar has taken longer than anticipated and the resources needed to develop and deliver an acceptable product is unfortunately cutting into the effort to the other modules.
rhusted wrote:What is the CURRENT STATUS and PROJECT TIMELINE for the new Local Unit Web Sites (LUWS)? Will we see those in 2012?
Those are good questions. But there is extensive experience that very little in regards to status and timelines are released to the community. In those very rare cases where we have seen a date for a technology project given it inevitably was pushed out for a variety of reasons. In this case the calendar development effort has been hogging resources.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rhusted wrote:What is the CURRENT STATUS and PROJECT TIMELINE for the new Local Unit Web Sites (LUWS)? Will we see those in 2012?

As stated, we rarely get answers to those kinds of questions. The Powers That Be might be persuaded if you can show a credible need for planning purposes.

For example, we needed to know which calender to use for creating our 2012 calendar. That has been answered.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”