Wrong Home Address in ward directory

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
susie.jensen

Wrong Home Address in ward directory

Post by susie.jensen »

Is there a way that I can update my home address in my ward directory online? I have told the clerk at least half a dozen times and it is not getting done and I have fast offerings and other items going to my old house.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

susie.jensen wrote:Is there a way that I can update my home address in my ward directory online? I have told the clerk at least half a dozen times and it is not getting done and I have fast offerings and other items going to my old house.
Currently this can only be done by the clerk in MLS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

You might try to catch him at the Clerk's Office and ask if he can fix your address right then while you are there. It literally only takes moments to type in your corrected address and press the Save button. I sometimes have a member stop by with something that isn't right about their record - as long as the PC is available, I always just say, let's fix it while you are here.

It is possible that he is overburdened with other tasks and doesn't write your request down, then forgets to do it. Unacceptable in my book, but we are all human and have different strengths. If you cannot get it corrected through the Clerk, you might speak with a member of the bishopric because we all know that accurate records are very important.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Make sure you're taking to the membership clerk. If you tell the ward clerk, it may be lost in passing it to the membership clerk. I'd also suggest writing it down for him.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”