Calendar Idea

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
skiptaylor

Calendar Idea

Post by skiptaylor »

I ran into an interesting situation today when approving pending submissions. Being new at this, I was surprised at what happened.

Entries had been previously submitted with erroneous information. It was easier for the submitter to resubmit with the correct information than it was to just change the information on the first entries.

When I was looking at the calendar, I noticed there was an entry for the resubmitted items. They seemed an exact duplicate and I made the rash and erroneous assumption they were duplicates. They weren't. When I was done removing the old entries and deleting what I thought to be the duplicates, I had zip, zero, nada, zilch. :eek:

So, I sheepishly called the submitter and asked if they could resubmit yet again as I had messed up. So they did and had a good belly laugh at my expense. :(

It turns out the pending submissions are in the same color font but in ITALICS. The italics in blue are so close to the other submissions it's really hard to tell them apart. :eek:

Is there anyway there could be a highlight or different color or other way to help differentiate pending submission entries from the others? It would be a nice safety net. :rolleyes:
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Maybe it would be better not to even display the submissions on the calendar but to have a list of submissions and you can highlight one to see what else is on that day or week before accepting them. That way it avoids confusing the admins.
- David
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

thedqs wrote:Maybe it would be better not to even display the submissions on the calendar but to have a list of submissions and you can highlight one to see what else is on that day or week before accepting them. That way it avoids confusing the admins.
Maybe it should be something like this: Instead of just hovering over it, when you click on the submitted item, it brings up that day on the same page as the submission so you can easily see where it would be inserted. Perhaps highlighting it in the displayed day list for ease of view. At least it wouldn't be as confusing as it is now. :D
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”