How to "Turn Off" Classic Calendar and Directory

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

We want to do this in our stake but first we want to get an export of a building resource calendar under the old system. However, when I go to export the calendar as a csv, iCal or vCal calendar I get a message stating that you need to be a member of this ward or stake to do this. I have confirmed that I am logged in to the old web site but still get this error. Is there a fix to this or is there another way to get an export of everything from the old calendar?

Thank you.
ShirtsDre

Solution found

Post by ShirtsDre »

There is a solution being developed for this confirmed issue. It should hopefully be released within the next week or two.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
JessenHobson

Switch to new directory but not new calendar?

Post by JessenHobson »

While it appears that I can switch the Stake to just the new directory, has anyone tried this? Are members automatically redirected to the new directory from their classical ward page, but still able to use the old calendar? We want to slowly migrate to the new calendar, but I want the new directory functional now (automatic updating with MLS--YEAH!).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bobisahofferer wrote:While it appears that I can switch the Stake to just the new directory, has anyone tried this? Are members automatically redirected to the new directory from their classical ward page, but still able to use the old calendar? We want to slowly migrate to the new calendar, but I want the new directory functional now (automatic updating with MLS--YEAH!).
Yes, I've tried all 4 combinations (directory classic/new and calendar classic/new) and the calendar and directory options are indeed independent as you would hope and expect. So your stake can use the new directory right away while still using the classic calendar, if you'd like.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

For those of us who have trouble "convincing" our stake leadership to "make the switch," is there a set time when the change will be "forced" and everyone Churchwide will automatically be redirected? I thought that date was 2012, but I'm still seeing the old stuff. Please let me know! :)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

AileneRHerrick wrote:For those of us who have trouble "convincing" our stake leadership to "make the switch," is there a set time when the change will be "forced" and everyone Churchwide will automatically be redirected? I thought that date was 2012, but I'm still seeing the old stuff. Please let me know! :)
The FAQ responds to the question Will the Classic.LDS.org Stake and Ward websites be shut down Jan 1st, 2012? with a No. It doesn't mention any planned shutoff date.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

I understand that the websites would not shut down.

I was wondering if on the old websites, if the calendar and directory links on those sites would automatically redirect to the new resources for that.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

AileneRHerrick wrote:I understand that the websites would not shut down.

I was wondering if on the old websites, if the calendar and directory links on those sites would automatically redirect to the new resources for that.
I'm pretty sure that there will be no forced redirection until the classic sites are actually shut down. Until then, stakes may choose whether or not they want to redirect the directory and/or calendar links on the Classic site to the new Directory and Calendar.
colbyj

Post by colbyj »

It is very unfortunate that the ability for stake leaders/stake clerk is not available to view wards calendars other than their own. With the classic calendar we were able to go to each ward's webpage and view that ward's calendar. With the new calendar we have no way of viewing what a particular ward may have scheduled. We've encouraged all our units to utilize the new calendar system...now I wish we would have ignored it and stuck with the classic version until the new calendar system was available with all features. The piece-meal nature of roll-out has been frustrating.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

colbyj wrote:It is very unfortunate that the ability for stake leaders/stake clerk is not available to view wards calendars other than their own. With the classic calendar we were able to go to each ward's webpage and view that ward's calendar. With the new calendar we have no way of viewing what a particular ward may have scheduled. We've encouraged all our units to utilize the new calendar system...now I wish we would have ignored it and stuck with the classic version until the new calendar system was available with all features. The piece-meal nature of roll-out has been frustrating.
You've already raised this topic in this post; it's not helpful to raise the same question in multiple threads (even if there is a slight difference in the angle you're taking, it's still the same topic). Please go to that post to see my response (and other responses that may come from others).

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”